Lindsay Corporation is hiring a new Business Development Manager, for its Infrastructure division. In this role, you will join a highly collaborative, customer centric team responsible for closing opportunities for the Road Zipper product segment within the Infrastructure group. The Road Zipper program is in a growth initiative phase to deliver more advanced traffic management and construction traffic management solutions to the transportation market. In this role, the Business Development Manager (BDM) will lead the development, nurturing and closing of business opportunities at the federal, state, municipal and associated industry stakeholder level. Understanding the long-lead sales cycle for multimillion-dollar opportunities and the ability tocontinuously manage the various cycle phases of multiple projects simultaneously is critical tothe BDM's success. The BDM will be assigned a territory for Western or Eastern North America including the United States and Canada.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Individual Contributor for sales of the Road Zipper and accountable for performance
- Responsible for the identification, development and closing of Road Zipper opportunities in the assigned territory that enable the organization to meet customer needs and financial targets.
- Participate in a cross-functional team to write and produce responsive, high-quality, winning proposals.
- Responsible and accountable for pricing and gross profit margins for projects sold
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with a customer-facing team (Technical Sales Manager, Business Analysts, Program Specialists, Applications Engineering, Field Services/Operations)
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively within the One-Lindsay culture for shared services and participate in broader initiatives within the corporation.
- Ability to excel in a matrix-based organization with shared services.
- Contribute to the development of the technical roadmap of key programs, new product development, and product initiatives for Solutions Offering improvements and advancements
- Responsible for regular input into the company's CRM and related software applications, forecasting, reporting on territory and activities
- Management and responsible for the selling travel and expense budget for the assignedterritory
- Lead the proposal team to ensure that proposed solutions meet and/or exceed customer expectations, internal standards and external accepted practices, rules and regulations.
- As directed, participate in industry conferences and association meetings
- Bachelor's degree in related field of business, engineering or construction management. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant business development and sales management experience with a concentration on traffic engineering, transportation, highway/bridge construction in some or all of the following areas: consulting/design engineering, highway technologies (i.e. ITS, AV/CV), corridor and managed lanes, traffic management, maintenance of traffic, corridor design and/or urban freeway design, work zone safety and/or similar roles demonstrating an active and successful sales role in the transportation engineering and roadway construction industry.
- Thorough understanding and experience with industry associations and agencies such as, USDOT/FHWA, State Government/DOTs, AASHTO, IRF, TRB, ITS America, toll-way authorities & concessionaires, etc.
- Demonstrated industry thought-leadership across the market stakeholders
- Industry credibility & track record of utilizing knowledge and experience with best practices for work zone safety, managed lanes and traffic management, protection of traffic and/or consulting engineering design. Prior experience with P3, design/build, and related industry procurement processes.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to develop and execute schedules on-time
- Excellent verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel and Word, Salesforce/CRM required.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering forecasts and sales goals on-time
- Understanding and experience with state government bid lettings, long-sales cycles, consultative selling, collaborative team selling, pricing and negotiation of large projects and contracts
- Successful experience working with various levels of contacts within FHWA, State DOT's, contractors, consulting engineering firms and planning/design and bid/delivery stakeholders
- Participation in thought leadership within and without the department boundaries
Lindsay Corporation is a global company, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, focused onproviding irrigation and infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of a growing population. As oneof the world's leading providers of irrigation and water management, its Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries. Lindsay Corporation's infrastructure division offers a wide range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and transportation safety. Since 1955, Lindsay Corporation has been at the forefront of research and development of products and services designed to meet the needs of a constantly evolving world.
What makes Lindsay unique?
- Committed to sustainable practices to save energy and use fewer resources daily
- Dedicated to innovation to achieve growth through advanced technology
- Locations across the US and internationally
- Teamwork, employee appreciation, stable career path, and growth opportunities
Lindsay Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and maintains a drug free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.