Business Development Manager
L.E.K. Consulting is seeking an experienced Business Development professional to help drive the Firm’s business development efforts in North America with a focus on the Consumer sector. The Business Development Manager (BDM) will work closely with the Global Sector Leader (GSL) and be responsible for building key customer relationships, driving strategies, identifying business opportunities and maintaining an extensive knowledge base of current industry and market conditions. The role will be a critical member of the Business Development team and supervise and mentor Business Development Associates (BDAs) that work across various subsectors within the Consumer sector. This person will be a thought partner to the GSL on business development opportunities and will integrate across the various subsectors.
- Work in collaboration with the U.S. Business Development team to support the Consumer sector’s network of relationships to drive business development opportunities
- Responsible for managing the BDAs within the Consumer sector to ensure team excellence while also being an individual contributor
- Ability to help attract, hire and train new team members
- Managing and tracking priority of accounts / relationships, setting goals, and managing business development / sales activity and results against goals
- In partnership with Consumer Managing Directors, identifying potential new accounts and contacts for top of the funnel prospecting
- Developing and driving the networking and business development strategies (e.g., prospecting and outreach initiatives) at a sector and sub-sector level and for individual Managing Directors
- Developing an understanding of the Consumer sector’s business and related business development needs, and then building business development strategies that align with where L.E.K. can service clients and new accounts (e.g., designing new and creative approaches to gain access to target companies and individuals)
- Day to day interaction and strategy formation between the Business Development Consumer team and the GSL
- Being the subject matter experience, thought partner to the GSL on business development opportunities and integrating across subsector areas
- Researching and analyzing industry and company information, data news, etc. to identify and prioritize target accounts and individuals (i.e., being resourceful in identifying leads)
- In collaboration with Business Development team and sectors, develop standardized business development processes, tools, and templates and model their use.
- High degree of collaboration with the marketing team to ensure integrated strategy
- As needed, update key process documentation and contribute to the provision of accurate, timely information to support business development decisions.
- Leading and tracking multiple initiatives and sales campaigns to support the sector
- Following-up on opportunities to sell the firm’s services that come from referrals, campaigns, networking, and industry events
- A BA/BS or equivalent is required
- Candidates should be highly motivated, organized, energetic, extremely productive, and able to work effectively within a team structure
- Close attention to detail, including careful record keeping with regard to all sales activity
- Results-oriented, self-reliant, creative and highly resourceful in proposing new ideas / approaches and finding solutions that work
- Direct client contact management experience, including strength in telephone prospecting / cold calling and ability to drive results from this approach
- Highly skilled and resourceful in identifying and using external and internal data sources to drive initiatives and leads, particularly when solutions are not obvious
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written) and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with senior executives
- Demonstrated ability to plan, lead and manage a team to deliver results in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Minimum of 5 years of sales, marketing or business development experience ideally in the Consumer sector. Previous management experience preferred.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess eligibility to work in the United States
L.E.K. Consulting offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
L.E.K Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer