L3 Datron’s successful history of customer satisfaction is a direct reflection of being able torecruit a wide range of highly talented individuals and building cohesive teams to develop the most advanced technical solutions. We understand our greatest added value to our products and customers is our talented employees. L3 Datron fosters an environment that allows employees to grow through challenging projects and promoting within. Our talent drivestechnology forward and establishes industry leading designs. We encourage and support our employees to have successful careers in a unique business where ethics, respect and team work are held in the highest regard. Our organization offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), at least8 paid holidays eachyear, 3 weeks of paid personal time off, a 9/80 workweek (26 Fridays off ayear!),educational assistance and support for leadership, technical growth and development. The Business Development Manager isresponsible for identifying new business opportunities, providing data and analysis to enable informed management decision making, and developing plans and strategies that lead to revenue generation and growth.
- This position reports to the Vice President of Business Development.
- The role requires direct interface with customers and the satellite industry at large.
- Collects market data, analyzes situations, qualifies opportunities and provides actionable intelligence to support management decision making.
- Responsible for understanding and effectively communicating both Datron’s and the customer’s needs and capabilities to the respective parties.
- Manages and formulates proposals and plans with focus on developing and implementing win strategies and messaging. Monitors progress to ensure on time delivery.
- Manages cross functional teams and defines/organizes tasks for supporting departments (e.g., engineering, programs, contracts, pricing and export compliance).
- Participates in industry events, monitors relevant market trends, and assesses Datron’s strengths, weaknesses and opportunities to inform bid/no bid decisions, IR&D projects and investment strategies.
- Represents the company's values of ethical behavior, integrity, and follow-through on commitments to establish trust and develop customer relationships.
- Will be exposed to company proprietary and company strategic information that must not be divulged.
Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field or a minimum of five (5) years of relevant technical experience plus a high school/GED is required. A minimum of five (5) years of subsystem or systems sales experience in the aerospace, space or defense sectors is required. Must have basic understanding of antenna/RF technology. Experience with full motion, pointing and tracking antenna experience preferred. Must have demonstrated success in managing projects, including responsibility for cost, schedule, and performance. Program management experience is highly desired. Ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance is required.