Business Development Manager jobs at Kimberly Clark / Franklin, MA
Customer Development jobs at Kimberly Clark / Franklin, MA
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Strategically conducts joint business planning with customer buyers, category managers and other key customers to drive volume and profit growth for K-C categories. Implement K-C brand strategies and tactics to drive domestic sales (include governmental and international sales, if applicable). Manage customer relationships, category management, business planning and trade management utilizing cross-functional resources and data sources.
- General understanding of marketing place dynamics in class trade strategies.
- Strategically develop and implement innovative marketing, pricing and sales policies and programs to exceed sales volume objectives for CVS sales.
- Develop and coordinate distribution and warehousing programs to reduce costs and provide superior customer service (include international and government orders, if applicable). Control sales budget and promotion expenses to contribute to profitable objectives and investments.
- Serve as liaison between the customer, team counterparts and internal support team members to foster culture of growth and collaborations.
- Strategically analyze and interpret customer trends and demographic data. Project short-term forecasts out 2-3 years to ensure K-C’s action plans meet future demands.
- Perform strategic analyses, and design strategic business presentations tailored to achieve realistic customer performance, and support K-C's planning process. (Facilitate incorporation of government and international business strategies and tactics, if applicable.)
- Interview potential applicants/candidates for Customer Business Partner positions.
- Directly manage customer accounts to meet requirements, and act as K-C representative at all customer meetings.
- Strong ability to concisely communicate orally and in writing precisely to individuals and groups, and influence Neenah, WI Brand groups and Champions; consistent engagement in person with Directors, Vice Presidents and Category Managers at customers.
- Ability to adapt and support the organization through times of change.
- Ability to perform merchandise shelf sets at test sites or retail store environments.
- Ability to lift and carry up to [50 pounds].
- Ability to understand and react to recent category trends
- Ability to precisely communicate, orally and in writing, innovative business solutions to customers and K-C Team Leader.
- Ability to assess business view strategically.
- Ability to operate and use telephone, computer/laptop and other technological devices/software programs to communicate with other people.
- Ability to proficiently use and perform key functions of Microsoft Excel software program.
- Ability to create and deliver persuasive professional PowerPoint Sales presentations to communicate data driven insights recommendations for improvements and advancements.
- Ability to travel via aircrafts, and operate and drive motor vehicles for business travel, with valid driver license.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Demonstrate and strategically apply consumer industry and cross-category knowledge and expertise. Strategically organize and develop quarterly and annual plans to drive weekly and monthly prioritizations of key development activities and projects to achieve superior management of business operations. Arrange meetings with customer executives.
- Keep team leader informed on status of plans and programs, changing conditions, requirements of marketplace, competitive activity, issues and accomplishments that may affect sales results. Develop alternative courses of action. Consider alternatives, risk management and impact of alternatives.
- Express knowledge of systems, situation statuses, procedures and culture of company. Promptly reconcile and communicate changes and conduct team adjustment to new changes. Adjust to meet requirements of changing conditions/situations.
- Render judgments and make timely decisions in alignment with business objectives. Independently set priorities and proactively identify issues, underlying problems, magnitude of situations and potential solutions and developing a plan of action. Precisely communicate in prompt timely manner with various levels of workers (include international relationships, if applicable).
Education required: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree.
Experience: At least 5 years’ progressive exempt status experience in business, customer management and customer development or equivalent in other business functions. Proficient in statistics and quantitative business analysis. Financial/budget, currency exchange and sales team management.
Experience/Qualifications: Knowledge of supply and demand. Broad knowledge of K-C organizational structure, products and categories and Customer Development policies and procedures. Knowledge of Integrated Customer Business Planning Process and operations of Business Planner software.
Skills/Competencies: Results, strategy and vision orientation, leadership, strong oral and written communication, ethical judgment and decision making, cross-cultural, international business intuition, change management, analytical, project and risk management, building relationships
Other Skills: Sales, cross-functional, persuasive, prioritization and time management, resources and team management, complex problem solving, active listening, coaching, adaptability and social perspectives
Reports to VP, Customer Development, Drug & Dollar
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Manage varying dollar volume, customer segmentations, category rankings and K-C products and categories. Responsible for domestic accounts (include international if applicable), as well as application of sales policies and procedures. Comprehensive knowledge of corporate (include international and government sales if applicable), marketing and distribution operations to ensure volume and contribution objectives/quotas are accomplished. (Specialized knowledge of government agency vendor policies, customers and procedures, if applicable). Knowledge of broker operations. Direct reports may approximately encompass [10-15] team members.