Business Development Manager - Sam's Club
Location: Rogers, AR Sales Office
Business Development Manager supporting our Sam's Club team. Strategically conducts joint business planning with Sam's Club buyers, category managers to drive volume and profit growth for K-C categories. Implement K-C brand strategies and tactics to seamlessly drive sales. Manage customer relationships, category management, business planning and trade management utilizing cross-functional resources and data sources.
Scope of Position:
Drive the Sam's Club business to meet growth targets.
Manage the trade budget within funding objectives.
Seamlessly work with cross-functional business partners and the BDM's to develop consistent JBP's.
Deliver both foundational excellence and provide strategic thought leadership for the business.
• Understanding of market place dynamics and trade strategies.
• Strategically develop and implement innovative E-Commerce marketing, pricing and sales policies and programs to exceed sales volume objectives.
• Develop and coordinate distribution and warehousing programs to reduce costs and provide superior customer service .Control sales budget and promotion expenses to contribute to profitable objectives and investments.
• Serve as liaison between Sam's Club contacts, team counterparts and internal support team members to foster culture of growth and collaboration.
• Strategically analyze and interpret Sam's Club trends and demographic data. Project short-term forecasts out 2-3 years to ensure K-C's action plans meet future demands.
• Perform strategic analyses, and design strategic business presentations tailored to achieve realistic customer performance, and support K-C's planning process.
Department Specific/Non-Essential Functions Include But Not Limited To:
• Demonstrate and strategically apply consumer industry and cross-category knowledge and expertise. Strategically organize and develop quarterly and annual plans to drive weekly and monthly prioritizations of key development activities and projects to achieve superior management of business operations. Arrange meetings with customer executives.
• Keep team leader informed on status of plans and programs, changing conditions, requirements of marketplace, competitive activity, issues and accomplishments that may affect sales results. Develop alternative courses of action. Consider alternatives, risk management and impact of alternatives.
• Express knowledge of systems, situation statuses, procedures and culture of company. Promptly reconcile and communicate changes and conduct team adjustment to new changes. Adjust to meet requirements of changing conditions/situations.
• Render judgments and make timely decisions in alignment with business objectives. Independently set priorities and proactively identify issues, underlying problems, magnitude of situations and potential solutions and developing a plan of action. Precisely communicate in prompt timely manner with various levels of workers (include international relationships, if applicable).
Education required: Minimum of Bachelor's degree.
At least 5 years' progressive exempt status experience in business, customer management and customer development or equivalent in other business functions. Proficient in statistics and quantitative business analysis. Financial/budget, currency exchange and sales team management. Candidate must have experience supporting Walmart and/or Sam's Club. Candidate should have strong business acumen and presentation skills.
Experience supporting Sam's Club is preferred. Experience using Retail Link and Madrid. Knowledge of supply and demand. Broad knowledge of K-C organizational structure, products and categories and Customer Development policies and procedures. Knowledge of Integrated Customer Business Planning Process and operations of Business Planner software.
Results, strategy and vision orientation, leadership, strong oral and written communication, ethical judgment and decision making, cross-cultural, international business intuition, change management, analytical, project and risk management and also building relationships.
Sales, cross-functional, persuasive, prioritization and time management, resources and team management, complex problem solving, active listening, coaching, adaptability and social perspectives.
• Strong ability to concisely communicate orally and in writing precisely to individuals and groups, and influence Neenah, WI Brand groups and Champions; consistent engagement in person with Directors, Vice Presidents and Category Managers at customers.
• Ability to adapt and support the organization through times of change.
• Ability to perform merchandise shelf sets at test sites or retail store environments.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
• Ability to understand and react to recent category trends
• Ability to assess business view strategically.
• Ability to operate and use telephone, computer/laptop and other technological devices/software programs to communicate with other people.
• Ability to proficiently use and perform key functions of Microsoft Excel software program.
• Ability to create and deliver persuasive professional PowerPoint Sales presentations to communicate data driven insights recommendations for improvements and advancements.
• Ability to travel up to 20-25% via aircrafts, and operate and drive motor vehicles for business travel, with valid driver license.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend,
Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.