Business Development Manager - Walgreens Baby & Child Care
Please note: the location preference for this role is Chicago, IL. If the chosen candidate works from Neenah, WI,the minimum travel expectations are 50% (10 days per month) to the customer team / sales office. Travel will be covered under T&E.
The role is responsible for strategically conducting joint business planning with category managers, Walgreens functional managers, and other key stakeholders to drive positive volume and profit growth for K-C Baby and Child Care categories while strategically incorporating brand vision and strategies, and executing business driving tactics while effectively managing trade. The BDM leads with an insights to execution mindset utilizing cross-functional resources, insights, and data sources with a general understanding of market place dynamics to deliver superior DPSM and profitable net sales growth. Building influential customer relationships cross functionally and developing strong partnerships with internal BU Sales and Brand team stakeholders is critical to success.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and execute profitable joint business plans informed through insights.
- Deliver superior DPSM tactics aligned to K-C and Walgreens strategies to meet or exceed net sales, profit targets, and efficiently manage trade investments.
- Build a collaborative cross-functional team, elevating skills and talent.
- Own influential customer cross functional relationships to sell-in the joint business plan and secure strategic alignment to enable execution of the plan and drive change.
- Understand the key business drivers of the Walgreens/Drug Channel business, best ROI events, and test innovative ideas using data from different sources to render sound decisions and recommendations.
- Drive effective communication with BU Sales and Brand team to gain internal alignment of the plan. Consistently engage internal partners on opportunities to accelerate growth and leverage them to help drive gap closing plans.
- Ability to operate and use phone, computer/laptop and other technological devices/software programs to communicate with other people.
- Ability to proficiently use and perform key functions of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word software programs.
- Ability to travel via aircrafts, and operate and drive motor vehicles for business travel, with valid driver license.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Demonstrate and strategically apply consumer industry and cross-category knowledge and expertise.
- Strategically organize and develop quarterly and annual plans to drive weekly and monthly prioritizations of key development activities and projects to achieve superior management of business operations. Arrange meetings with customer executives.
- Keep team leader informed on status of plans and programs, changing conditions, requirements of marketplace, competitive activity, issues and accomplishments that may affect sales results. Develop alternative courses of action. Consider alternatives, risk management and impact of alternatives.
- Express knowledge of systems, situation statuses, procedures and culture of company. Promptly reconcile and communicate changes and conduct team adjustment to new changes. Adjust to meet requirements of changing conditions/situations.
- Render judgments and make timely decisions in alignment with business objectives. Independently set priorities and proactively identify issues, underlying problems, magnitude of situations and potential solutions and developing a plan of action. Precisely communicate in prompt timely manner with various levels of workers (include international relationships, if applicable).
- Education required: Minimum of Bachelor's degree.
- Experience: 5+ years' progressive exempt status experience in business, customer management and customer development or equivalent in other business functions. Proficient quantitative business analysis. Fundamental and in many cases, advanced financial/budget, trade and customer (shopper) marketing, P&L management, and customer development proficiency are expected.
Preferred Experience/Qualifications: CPG sales leadership experience.
- Broad knowledge of K-C organizational structure, products and categories and Customer Development policies and procedures and knowledge of One K-C Behaviors. Knowledge of Integrated Customer Business Planning Process.
- Skills/Competencies: Results-oriented, business planning, financial acumen, strategy and vision orientation, leadership, strong oral and written communication, ethical judgment and decision making, change management, trade investment, merchandising, shopper marketing, analytical, project and risk management, communications and influence, negotiations, and building key relationships
- Other Skills: Sales, cross-functional, persuasive, prioritization and time management, resources and team management, complex problem solving, active listening, coaching, adaptability and social perspectives. Clear demonstration of consistent One K-C behaviors. Strong and applicable display of emotional intelligence including strong listening skills, ability to process, understand and demonstrate application of work functions of other team members, self-awareness, and strong senior leader presence