Manager of Business Development USA (Project Sales & Industrial Services)
Bilfinger Industrial Services Inc.:
Bilfinger Industrial Services Inc. is part of the Bilfinger group, a leading engineering industrialconstruction and maintenance company. Whether the need is for e.g. a plant upgrade or for customized maintenance support or construction solutions to meet challenging site demands, Bilfinger Industrial Services Inc. provides tailor-made solutions to meet quality, cost, and schedules requirements. The company focusses on expanding, modifying and maintaining existing plants. Bilfinger is a five billion dollar company with thousands of highly professional employees in the USA and worldwide.
The Manager of Business Development Midwest US serves as a point of contact for commercial and related organizational matters for the Midwest US market. The primary focus of this position is to expand the construction and maintenance services to new clients in the region. The industry markets this position is focusing on are specialty chemicals, pulp and paper, consumer goods, food & beverage. He/she is responsible for obtaining an optimal sales and business development level as indicated by company and regional forecasts and budgets. This will be done through effective marketing and sales strategy development and effective account management, and new business development. This position will be based in the Midwest. Keys to success in this role are the management of internal (international) stakeholders, building client relationships as well as having a high level of commercial acumen.
Objectives and Key Responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing commercial strategy.
- Providing input for overall strategic business plan.
- Responsible for developing marketing plans, customer target plans, and competitor analysis and actions-plans. Responsible for providing input to Regional Budgets regarding scored and potential work.
- Ensuring business development activities are in line with regional and global strategy and ensuring the development of name and brand recognition regionally. Responsible for setting and obtaining new markets. Performing business development, including responsibility for developing client networks, establishing new client contacts, and promoting our client's brand name. Responsible for maintaining client relationships.
- Takes responsibility for the continuity of the level of service of the department towards external and internal customers by efficient operating processes, CRM,management information, budgets and reports.
Sales and Contracting:
- Oversight to approving all larger cost calculations and tenders. Responsible for determining final pricing strategy for obtaining work. Ensuring the contract negotiations for scored work are performed in accordance with our client's contracting philosophy.
- Turning leads and RFQ's into actual awarded work. The Account manager is overall responsible for ensuring our client's budgets and targets are met through obtaining work and ensuring potentials and leads are transformed into orders. Ensuring that our client's contracting and pricing philosophy are upheld during the sales phase. Following up with existing clients after our client has executed work and contracts to ensure customer satisfaction and job execution related information is obtained and used for development of client knowledge.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Business (MBA is a plus).
- 5-8 years of construction/engineering project or capital system sales experience within a chemical, food, and/or pharma plant environment.
- Extensive knowledge of the construction and engineering industry is required.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with large estimating and bid processes.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prospect new customers; exceptional customer relations and interpersonal skills.
- People manager, able to guide and motivate internal resources without controlling them.
- Displays original thinking and creativity, meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Generates suggestions for improving processes, develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manager that gets others "buy-in".
- Extensive travel is required to client's and HQ (this position can be home based in the vicinity of a major hub).
Bilfinger Industrial Services is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits including 401(k). A background check in compliance with the fair credit reporting act and a drug screening is required. Relocation assistance is not provided.