Business Development Manager
Under general direction, responsible for growing Glas products sales volume and meeting set sales plans and objectives across Controls sales channels. Privilege of focus on selling Glas. Uses and promotes the use of the sales process to aide in cultivating and managing long term relationships and in seeking out new sales opportunities. Represents product and technology offerings during the sales process to the end customer. Works with the channel sales teams to deploy this new product offering and ensures they are informed and trained on the product, features, value proposition, and pricing. Operates with the highest business ethics.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for delivering the products revenue and margin Plan. In their role, the Business Development Manager, will need to establish and sustain important internal/external relationships with the following constituents:
• Architecture and Engineering firms
• Large property development companies
• BSNA branch organization, especially the Major Projects teams
• IDC channel team
• UPG Distribution management team
• Retail customers
• Ecommerce channels
Works with Product Management and Engineering organization to provide feedback for product and feature enhancements and customer requirements. Provides competitive analysis of local marketplace and obtains assistance for technical expertise, sales assistance and market development activities.
1. Partnering with key and targeted customers to reach optimal sales levels.
2. Recommends product solutions and links to customer objectives to total value solution and competitive advantage.
3. Differentiates and leverages Johnson Controls product offerings from competitors based on the total benefit of doing business with Johnson Controls.
4. Creates partnering opportunities with the principles responsible for the decision making process.
5. Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns.
6. Understands customer's business and speaks their language.
7. Develops credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment.
8. Manages ongoing sales process and responds to and anticipates customer needs.
9. Involved in the development and execution of account sales.
10. Responsible for meeting assigned product sales goals and objectives.
11. Using Johnson Controls account management principles and Playbook with assigned accounts, conducts quarterly strategic account review sessions, Ensures that the customer fully understands and executes appropriate actions towards the co-developed sales plans to achieve the sales goals and objectives identified.
12. Major project teaming and support, pre-bid strategy, scope review, expansion of offerings,
13. Price and Margin management
14. Equipment, systems and applications knowledge
15. Familiarity of construction site and Johnson Controls safety policies
16. Driving subscription strategy and renewal with assigned customers when appropriate
17. Continuous training and education efforts, throughout organization. Understanding of who is new to a position, and engaging.
18. Ability to interpret and influence specifications at the point of influence (consulting engineering, mechanical contractor or owner)
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, or equivalent sales and technical experience. Minimum of three to five year’s progressive, direct sales experience, preferably in the HVAC/Controls industry. Able to relate to people at all levels, communicating both on a technical and non-technical basis. MBA is preferred. Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Possesses excellent presentation skills and proficiency at making one on one and group presentations. Able to travel a minimum of 50%.