The Business Development Representative, Single Family New Construction (SFNC) is responsible for growing & cultivating the James Hardie business through moving product standards in markets measured as increased sales volume within their assigned market(s). This role will focus on aggressively identifying and selectively partnering with targeted potential customers as they move to using our products. This role is a key sales position with the opportunity to deliver step change sales growth for James Hardie. Primary focus will be to identify, acquire and transition support of new business to help contribute to both the current and future sales pipeline for James Hardie. Target customers include, but are not limited to key strategic builders & developers. Reporting to the Area Sales Manager (ASM), they will work as part of a broader team that will help enable customer retention and account management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acquire key influential identified customers in targeted geographies and assist them through the transition to James Hardie.
- Support customers as they move to James Hardie by eliminating barriers to conversion & creating a positive customer experience through the transition.
- Executes segmentation to evaluate and assess the market & lead all aspects of the customer sales process, while leveraging other resources to assist in solution development or implementation as necessary.
- Passion to not only identify targets, but must also be willing/able to cultivate relationships, grow networks & nurture leads in line with SFNC go-to-market strategy.
- Build momentum in the market by leveraging key conversions with other builders or developers in the market to amplify the trend in the market.
- Identify influential builders & developers that will drive trends in future home development(s) through sustainable relationships.
- Manages and holds themselves accountable to a priority based schedule with prospective customers. Able to make good choices on where they do and don't spend their time.
- Partner successfully across the sales organization to be able to transition stable accounts to focused account managers.
- Develop a solid understanding of company products, customer programs and benefits, and our market development sales approach to effectively engage with prospective customers.
- Capable of analyzing and interpreting data to drive decision making.
- Able to host, lead and present in front of large audiences.
- Passion for their company and personal success to meet or exceed goals.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of sales experience in a high touch sales environment
- Prior track record of success in a business development role
- Ability to work with & understand complex channels & distribution models
- Basic understanding of fundamental financial concepts
- Valid driver's license & Bachelors' Degree Required.