Business Development Manager - IoT
11 - 15 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Arrow’s IoT Practice is a global organization that delivers technology-based solutions directly designed to solve for customers business challenges and problems.
The IoT Business Development Manager will be responsible to drive growth within the assigned Region and across targeted vertical(s), and act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for these business areas. The IoT Business Development Manager will be tasked with ensuring prospect development with both existing and acquisition of new clients and positioning Arrow as a leader in the IoT solution services market. The IoT Business Development Manager will benefit from collaboration with leading ecosystem of technology suppliers, customers, system integrators and value-added resellers. This role will report to the Director of Business Development IoT Americas.
Roles and Responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following
- Identify, support and close on new as well as existing client opportunities for Arrow Electronics in the IoT solutions space
- Lead the identification, qualification and acquisition of clients within the defined region while working closely with the local Arrow branch teams
- Through a trusted consultative approach sell complete IoT solutions including the full technology stack, data connectivity, cloud, analytics while also securing engineering services
- Manage a matrixed decision-maker hierarchy and execute on the sales strategy and ensure consistent pricing, quota, planning and that high-quality customer requirements are met
- Act as the Arrow Electronics trusted advisor, both internally and externally and help ensure the client’s targets are met and that Arrow’s profitability goals are met and exceeded
- Leverage Arrow Electronics Management Executives and other senior Business Unit Leadership within the account when appropriate to strengthen client relationships and drive high revenue growth
- Network externally to stay relevant within the assigned vertical and territory
- Build and manage influential relationships with IoT suppliers and partners and clients
- Ability to travel to remote, non-headquartered locations, up to 50% of the time
- Proven IoT professional with a deep understanding of IoT solution sales and the ability to solve customer business needs through a consultative approach and innovative application of edge to cloud implementations
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in sales and/or business development in the technology sector with at least 5 years of direct experience in IoT solutions
- Working knowledge and practical experience of all building blocks in turnkey IoT solutions such as PaaS, SaaS, dedicated IoT wireless connectivity, hardware, applications, cloud, analytics, etc.
- Demonstrated and verifiable success through sales at C-Suite and executives at the line of business level
- Education at Bachelor’s Degree level is a minimum requirement
- Excellent communication skills with ability to lead presentations, panels and keynotes to large audiences