Informa’s Health & Nutrition Division, specifically the NEXT Data & Insights Team within Informa’s New Hope Network subsidiary, is seeking a highly skilled Business Development Manager, with demonstrated success in building a pipeline and closing business through a consultative sales approach, to work in our dynamic Boulder, CO office. Enjoy a dog-friendly office environment, with onsite fitness center and related amenities, and collaboration with a best-in-class team of specialists in the Natural Products industry!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report to and collaborate closely with the Executive Director, Strategic Development to prioritize, follow-up with and manage leads in order to close new business.
- Work closely with the NEXT Data & Insights Team to devise account penetration plans.
- Conduct secondary research on targeted accounts for prospecting and marketing activities.
- Develop sales strategies that showcase the value-add that NEXT Data & Insights offers to clients.
- Qualify leads generated from direct marketing programs, channel partners, etc.
- Track and report lead generation status and maintain contact lists through CRM sales management tools such as Salesforce or Insightly
- Create tailored proposals and high-impact presentations that clearly communicate why the NEXT Data & Insights suite of services is right for specific clients based on their business needs.
- Collaborate with Marketing to create sales materials and provide input on marketing initiatives
- Build strong relationships with accounts and ensure that clients have an excellent experience.
- Disseminate market feedback to NEXT Data & Insights Team on competition and client needs.
- Identify and develop cross-sell/up-sell opportunities to increase revenue per client.
- 4-6 years of experience selling data intelligence solutions using a consultative sales approach.
- 2-4 years of progressive experience in sales within a market research supplier, syndicated data company, consumer packaged goods company, or management consulting firm.
- Demonstrated experience building/managing a sales pipeline & successfully meeting sales goals.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct ad-hoc analysis of market data to derive illustrative insights in pre-sales context.
- Strong PowerPoint skills, an ability to craft compelling, stand-out presentations, and exceptional public speaking and presentation skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, project management and interpersonal skills.
- Natural & Organic Products Industry experience a strong plus!