5 - 7 years
Posted 7 days ago
The Haartz Corporation was established over a century ago and remains a privately owned, 3rd generation company that serves customers all over the world in a variety of industries including its primary automotive market as well as marine, Cure In Place Pipe (CIPP), luggage and other industrial markets. The company has world class manufacturing capabilities with state-of-the-art production processes and a commitment to quality assurance in every aspect of our business.
At the Haartz Corporation, we care about our people and that is why we have many long service employees. We provide tools to empower our employees to do their very best and enable them to balance professional and personal goals. Our company culture brings together a diverse set of skills and expertise to make our world-class line of products. Our success is due to our dedicated employees, who have the desire to be number one in everything we do, and make this a great place to work.
An opportunity worth pursuing…
We sell a unique, custom-designed and highly engineered products across all of our marketplaces. We're expanding and need a strong sales professional that has the drive and know how to get it done. If you have a technical background and education, are good at what you do and are willing to work to help us diversify and expand into new markets, we can introduce you to a new career with significant potential upside in earning power.
Challenge, independence, recognition, respect, positive team environment and financial reward for your skills in opening, presenting, growing, and developing existing and new customers in a professional sales style. You love to win… "Good just isn't good enough" – you want to be great!
An assertive, goal-focused, results-oriented sales achiever who can work independently in a business development mode to identify, screen, cultivate, launch and maintain new customers and product applications for Haartz outside of our core automotive trim markets. A pro in attitude and drive who can manage and grow existing relationships, connect with people, develop new business channels, identify and cultivate acquisition targets in strategic markets and/or technologies, communicate effectively, inspire and motivate our target business buyers. Experience in plastic, chemical or textiles engineering disciplines is required.
Our target person is…
* A generalist – needs some independence and freedom while willing to work within a team as this position will be supported on any product development and field support needs by a dedicated team of R&D, Process, and Quality Engineers.
* Technical – educated and experienced with a technical background. Able to communicate effectively with internal, and customer engineering staff.
* Creative and responds to a challenge they see worth pursuing.
* Resourceful, confident, assured, self-starter that takes initiative.
* Results and goal-oriented, likes to get things done in a friendlier tone.
* Likes to understand and contribute to the big picture.
* Able to get things done on his/her own.
* A skilled connector with people, able to develop productive long-term relationships.
* Empathy – reads people well, intuitively & accurately.
* Faster pace and can push to get things done.
* Assertive communication style with a "conversational yet still business" selling style.
* Good with systems and effective with people.
* Effective at achieving goals with and through people. An effective closer.
* Practical problem-solver. Effective in a dynamic business environment.
* Highly effective in account development, growing existing & new customers, and working in a blend of inside & outside sales.
* 5+ years of related technical experience and/or training with 3+ years with a successful track record in meeting/exceeding goals; experience selling to manufacturing clients preferred
* Strong analytical skills and experienceforecasting
* Strong decision-making skills
* Deliberate and skilled communicator, adept at building and nurturing relationships and trust, an active listener.
* Organized with strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Position is located in Acton, MA. Applicant must be available to work flexible schedules and willing to travel.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Haartz offers an excellent, competitive salary and annual bonuses based on individual and company performance. In addition, we offer an exceptional benefits program that includes health, dental, basic life and long-term disability insurance upon hire. We also offer 401(k) and profit-sharing for employees once eligibility requirements are met.