Business Development Manager I
Business Division- Cooking North America – Food Service
Chain Business Unit –Fryers / Griddles / Charbroilers
Salary Grade ITW 11
Exempt - FLSA
Job Function- Marketing
EEO-1 Category: Professionals (02)
Education: Bachelor Degree in marketing, business or engineering.
Experience: 6+ years, Industry experience in marketing, engineering and/or sales experience. Additional engineering experience preferred.
Provide support to field sales organization (FSO) to maximize sales volume for the Fryer, Griddle, and Charbroiler business unit.
Develop tactical planning by product category to meet the sales goals established in the Operating Plan.
The incumbent will have experience calling on dealers, consultants, and end user customers supporting quick serve, fast casual, full service and other major market segments.
Knowledge of restaurant operations and culinary cooking will be most valuable as would having operational experience in these environments.
This position will be heavily matrixed into ITW/FEG and require the incumbent to sell in an environment alongside our National Account Managers, FSO, Dealer Channels, and Consultant Community while maintaining close relationships internally with the Fryer, Griddle, and Charbroiler team and the other Vulcan business units.
Communication skills are critical for the incumbent since they will successfully leverage relationships across the organization.
The candidate needs to be able to communicate the needs of the customer and drive Vulcan to develop the correct products for this market.
They will need to understand the end user's real issues and bring them to our product engineering team when required.
The candidate will need an understanding how equipment works and how it integrates into the customer workplace.
This is a "hands on" opportunity which requires the candidate to operate the equipment to demonstrate the equipment's capabilities while promoting its features and benefits.
Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operational improvements.
Develop long-term relationships with key decision making customers through managing and interpreting their needs and requirements.
Function: Position reports to the Sales and Marketing Director and requires a close relationship withinternal and external sales team.
• Will also work closely with the Fryer, Griddles, and Charbroilers Operation and Engineering teams.
• Using strong interpersonal skills the candidate will establish a rapport and ultimate trust with the field
• Position as the product sales "expert" for this product line including (Fryers, Griddles, and Charbroilers)
and will be the individual to whom clients, consultants and dealers turn to for recommendations and input regarding their product requirements.
• Provide support to field sales organization to maximize sales volume on short and long term growth for
the individual product line.
• Develop tactical planning by product category to meet the sales goals as established in the Long Range
and Annual Operating Plan.
• Develop annual business plans with the principals of our FSO specific to our product lines collaborating
with our Vulcan FEG sales management team
• Marketing tactics knowledge
• Understanding of distribution/selling process
• Analytical skills
• Planning and implementation
• Solid presentation skills
• Managing for results
• Product and Market segment knowledge
• Customer focus
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Responsibilities (80% Core Essential Functions):
• Product line expert.
• Provide sales organization support through day-to-day product support, customer product presentations,
coordinates of internal events such as meetings, factory visits, showroom, etc., and demonstration of
product benefits/value in most chain selling situations.
• Represent product line at national and regional industry association trade shows.
• Provides product training: develops content, support material and presentations for the Dealer Sales
Development Program, provides product knowledge support to Sales Team, Consultants, dealers and
brand marketing, and develops and facilitates product launch sales/service training materials.
• Visit targeted accounts
• Conduct competitive analysis and develop/maintain competitive comparisons.
• Day –to- day liaison to Customer Service
• Marketing research
• LRP participation
• Trend analysis/identification
• Support brand management
• Support budget management
Responsibilities (20% Business Specific):
• Competitive Equipment Analysis comparing "ours" to "theirs".
• Develop 80/20 Customer Targets
• Prepare account specific sales presentations and follow –up documentation\ measurements
• Develop marketing materials including spec sheets, brochures and related items as needed
• Develop sales promotions for targeted dealers
• Prepare cost estimates by studying blueprints, plans and other related customer documents consulting
with their engineers, architects, and other professional and technical personnel
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
Travel greater than 50% of the time
INTERESTED CANDIDATES SHOULD SUBMIT THEIR RESUMES NO LATER THAN THE CLOSE OF THE BUSINESS ON THE 24TH OF MAY AS THE POSTING WILL EXPIRE ON THAT DATE AT 5 PM EDST.