- Achieve annual margin goals by leading and executing full sales cycle, including prospecting, building a pipeline, and contract execution for new customers.\
- Develop and execute a strategic business development plan for the territory and create reliable forecasts.
- Collaborate with Technical Services and Field Services to assist in customer evaluations, new plant surveys and sales presentations.
- Facilitate effective cross-functional communication which includes generating call reports which details call objectives, discussion and assigned follow-up with timelines.
- Provide monthly business activity summaries and sales funnel updates to Food Group management.
- Create appropriate business analyses and operating profit modeling on any new sales growth opportunities to insure acceptable margin contribution.
- Maximizes time in the field (minimum 3 days per week) to expedite the closure of target accounts, interface with the field sales and management staff.
- Ensure all account information and activity is current and updated on SalesForce/CRM system
- Establish key partnerships with industry experts to accelerate Hydrite's growth and brand visibility within the assigned region.
- Negotiate long term purchase agreements with target corporations
- In partnership with Regional Managers, identify and close new sanitation, food ingredient, commodity and intervention chemical opportunities within region
- Stay informed with changing needs of target accounts and communicate to Hydrite team
- Attend trade shows and food/dairy industry events in order to build Hydrite's name recognition and expertise in industry
- Coordinate and communicate customer requirements to Sales, Operations and Purchasing management
- Uphold Hydrite's Standard of Excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers
- Perform all duties outlined in relevant SOPs and all other duties to be assigned.
- Participate in RCRA, regulatory, health & safety and process training activities as required. Review changes/additions with your supervisor. Must be RCRA compliant.
- Maintain active involvement in key food industry associations and assists in trade show representation.
- Communicates needs to appropriate TS&D and Technical personnel as it relates to key accounts.
- Work with other staff members to maintain workload balances. Provides back-up support as necessary.
- Support effective communication with all Hydrite departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch.
- Supports effective communication with all Hydrite departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch team.
- This position reports to the Regional Director.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university preferred; technical or marketing degree a plus.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience working in a food industry
- Proven experience selling in Business to business industry
- Ability to prioritize while managing multiple customers and prospects
- Ability to work in a matrix environment
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce and other job-related software.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.