The Business Development Manager n- Human Nutrition has the responsibility of identifying and executing new business opportunities while growing sales with existing customers, and the account management for Sports Nutrition, Multi-Level Marketing and Food customers for MSG’s high protein product line within the respective territory (East Coast). This is an excellent opportunity for driven and dedicated individual that thrives in a nimble, fast-paced environment.
Our Business Development Manager Will:
- Prospect new accounts and grow business through sales activities including existing relationships, cold-calling, social media/ online prospecting, industry events/ tradeshows, networking and customer interaction.
- Identify and respond to opportunities for sales of MSG products and services. Reinforce the principals and practice of value pricing all products and services for maximum allowable profits.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key individuals in assigned or new customer accounts.
- Operate as the lead point of contact for all matters specific to assigned customers. Provide excellent service to ensure customer success and a positive experience with the Company. Develop long-term relationships, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders.
- Develop objectives and strategies for each account, developing full market potential. Familiarize established accounts with new products or developments.
- Maintain a strong technical knowledge of the product line responsible for in order to most effectively educate and sell the value of MSG’s products in the Functional Food and Nutrition marketplace.
- Stay abreast of major trends or initiatives within the food/ nutrition industry that will affect the company’s ability to successfully compete with products and services. Identify and support market driven initiatives for new products and services that will increase profits for MSG.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and conduct and transact all business in a legal and ethical manner to safe guard the legal record and good reputation of the company.
- Act as liaison between customers and cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of MSG’s solutions per our customer needs.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with a food science or similar background
- 3-5 years of sales experience in the nutritional ingredients industry; preferably dairy and/or sports nutrition
- Competitive, sales-driven individual with an outstanding track record in sales development
- Strong key account selling capabilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects occurring at one time
- A value selling mindset
- Strong track record of delivery against targets
- Strong knowledge of computer software applications
- Travel up to 50%