Corporate OverviewHubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us. Division OverviewHubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
210 N Allen St, Centralia, MO 65240
The purpose of this position is to drive revenue and profitability growth for the Civil Product line by executing the following: 1) Comprehensive understanding of the Business Unit (BU) product offerings and its competition 2) Building consensus within the BU and the regional sales and management teams on required products, 3) Driving the resulting product development, specification, and implementation plans, 4) Supporting the regional sales and marketing teams in developing new sales opportunities, and 5) Leading the effort to successfully convert the opportunities into sales.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identification of Market/Segment Expansion and New Product
- Develop an overall strategy that aligns with our Civil BU objectives and drives incremental growth
- Identify and develop strategic markets and geographies to expand HPS reach and revenue
- Identify and develop strategic customers that are key to support market expansion
- Identify acquisition and value-add supply opportunities and manage HPS process accordingly
- Identify new product development opportunities to expand the current Civil BU product line
- Identify cost justification and potential market opportunities for growth
- Utilize VOC to identify current market expansion opportunities through NPD
- Lead Business Development Activities
- Work with region managers on local business development activities
- Provide support and product specific training to the regional sales teams
- Provide front-line technical support for the BU products and coordinate support from BU Engineering and Technical Sales as needed
- Work with Civil BU Sales Manager, Business Unit Director, Region Managers, and others to develop a strategic growth and defend plan for the Civil BU. Plan to include (but is not limited to) product needs, standards approvals, customer acceptances, operations support, price strategies, and marketing strategies.
- Develop and Maintain an analysis of market trends
- Customer and competitive market/trend analysis
- In coordination with the NPD team, manage product development from conception through launch and market penetration
- Product idea generation through market gap analysis
- Analyze sales and industry reports and take steps to achieve sales growth
- Remain current on technical and competitive developments within assigned regions
- Build and Maintain Relationships with Key Groups and People
- Build a relationship with Marketing and Region Managers both within the Civil BU and, where it makes sense, with other Hubbell business units [ONE Hubbell]
- Develop and maintain relationships with key management, marketing, customer service, operations, and engineering personnel at key customer accounts
- Participate in Industry Trade Shows and Exhibitions to meet industry people, gather information, promote both BU products and the Hubbell brand
Skills and Experience
A four-year degree and either an MBA or at least 3 business development and commercial experience. Prior experience travelling to and working with customers or engineers outside of the US is required.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Job Segment: Technical Support, Technology