A Barco Business Development Manager must effectively network and communicate with mainly end users, consultants, eco-system partners but also with resell partners, to ensure that the company’s value proposition is clearly understood and accepted.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Effective demonstration of Barco technologies to the end user accounts
• Perform product demonstrations at sites to highlight product differentiation based on operational and financial factors.
Achieve regional sales targets and track opportunities from discovery to close.
• Effective communication of the company’s value proposition with key decision makers.
• Prospecting, evaluating opportunities, presenting our products, strong negotiation skills, cold calling, product selection and supporting the customer's purchase to land new business.
• Researching organizations and individuals online (especially on social media) to identify new leads and potential new markets.
• Researching the needs of other companies and learning who makes decisions about purchasing.
• Cultivate new customer relationships and maintain strong focus on current customers through effective use of the sales and service organizations to expand business.
• Ability to detail technical product features, benefits and attributes to various staff positions in enterprise customers.
• Management of sales pipeline and forecasting activities through corporate CRM.
• Execution of a sales process in conjunction with the Barco channel organization
Bachelor’s degree is required
• IT/AV and/or capital equipment sales experience required
Experience with software, wired and wireless networked, enterprise software solutions is preferred.
• Minimum 3 years of sales/industry experience in a B-2-B industry that requires a complex sales, with quota responsibility.
• Excellent phone and presentation skills
• Proven demonstration skills of technical products
• Successful, documented sales track record of achievement
• Able to travel up to 25% - most travel will be to local/regional customer sites but travel outside the region might be required for tradeshows, corporate meetings, etc.
• Completion of professional sales training courses strongly desired
• Familiarity with CRM systems is required
• The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
• Skill in prioritizing and triaging obligations
• Attention to detail
• Excellent time management and organizational skills