Henkels & McCoy, Inc. (H&M) is a leading utility construction firm providing critical infrastructure for the Power, Communications, Oil & Gas Pipeline, and Gas Distribution markets throughout North America. Founded in 1923, H&M brings yesterday's experience to the evolving infrastructure needs of today. We consistently rank in the top ten of Engineering News-Record's Specialty Contractors and have been recognized with an E.I. DuPont Safety Excellence Award for our safety performance. H&M is also a founding member of the ET&D Partnership, a collaborative industry partnership working to reduce fatalities, injuries, and illnesses in the electric line construction industry.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) has responsibility for a specific operating unit within H & M Central Region Power Operations.
- In conjunction with Sr. management and subsidiary leadership, actively lead the development of specific business opportunities.
- Develops key relationship directly with current customers, potential customers or through network affiliations.
- Manage the development and implementation for the Central Region wide networking activities and events.
- Provide research and analysis on potential alliance or joint venture opportunities/partners.
- Closing new business, including assisting in contact or alliance partner negotiations.
- Gains, fosters, and maintains proactive relationships with key national and regional accounts. Assists local management with relationship development of local accounts.
- Participates in major proposal and presentation efforts for regional and national accounts.
- Utilize SalesForce as the company's primary business development tracking platform and ensures customer sales activity is updated and reported on a weekly basis.
- Develop account plans that aligns the organization on execution tactics for strategic accounts.
Market and Competitive Research:
- Manages multiple sources of information through staff, the field or other related sources to track and monitor core market activities and or industry trends.
- Helps identify markets through research in support of business development activities.
- Tracks and monitors key competitor's activities for M&A trends, major award trends, competitive bidding analysis, key talent movement, geographic activity, etc.
Strategic Market Development:
- Provides market direction and technical advice, identifying and prioritizing potential markets and customers.
- Identify and introduce nontraditional market opportunities or geographies for strategic advancement of the company based on sound market research.
- Participate with Central Region Management in the development short, medium and long term business plans.
- A minimum of 15 years' experience and a demonstrated track record of accomplishments in construction industry marketing and planning. Experience in power, telecommunication, or renewable energy preferred.
- Must work effectively with Senior-level construction executives, leaders and the staff of internal operating regions.
- Broad functional experience in areas of strategic planning and marketing, business and market development, market research and planning and promotions/advertising.
- BA/BS/MBA in Business Administration, Marketing or related field
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-2 year time span.
- Strong analytical and analytical interpretative skills.
- Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Technical skills in strategic planning and marketing, business and market development, market research and planning and promotions/advertising.
- Employee training and development.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills.
- High performance teams and a strong team player.
- Ability to deliver support in a decentralized environment
- Commitment to company values.
- Ability to travel overnight 75%
Henkels & McCoy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.