Location: San Jose, CA area
The Business Development Manager (BDM) / Consumer Electronics for the H.B. Fuller Company will be responsible for the development, lead generation and growth of custom adhesive solutions delivered to the consumer electronics industry within the San Francisco Bay Area. The position includes intimate interaction with the OEM’s contract manufacturing locations in Asia, (primarily mainland China). This individual should be dedicated and accountable to meet the expectations and requirements of all customer accounts on a global scale. The BDM will be the point of contact for all commercial information form the customer and will use this information to effectively drive adhesive programs with internal H.B. Fuller teams globally. As part of a dynamic and collaborative electronics team this position requires strategic account management of cross functional design, project management, sourcing and quality related teams.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Meet global and individual sales goals set forth by the company and business manager.
- Influence customers as well as lead internal teams.
- Promote sales development strategies and value-added services to meet or exceed both short term and long term goals.
- Proactively engages in business meetings with existing and new accounts while developing key relationships within those accounts.
- Maintain accurate, detailed and up-to-date account information with regular scheduled meetings with Business Manager.
- Collaborate frequently with technical service and technical manager on an on-going bases to support technical development to support sales efforts with key OEM’s.
- Effective at internal selling with multi-functional internal teams.
- Actively leverage sales technologies and tools to meet strategic account planning objectives and maximize customer and segment growth potential.
- Provides strong project management.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired, in chemistry or engineering disciplines preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a technical or commercial sales role.
- Track record of successful selling and/or problem solving in the manufacturing industry.
- Strong understanding or experience within the electronics or adhesive industry desired.
- Ability to successfully manage accounts, work under tight deadlines, and adapt to changes in the customers environment.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time to multiple global locations.
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.