Do you want to make a difference? Join our team! Harris is looking for high performing individuals who will design, develop, deploy, and sustain systems that provide the intelligence community with actionable intelligence to protect our nation. Our team is a collection of highly technical problem solvers, invigorated by creating first-of-a-kind systems. You will help solve the most demanding technical challenges while enjoying the satisfaction of knowing that your efforts are making the nation a safer place.
The Proprietary business unit within Harris’ Space & Intelligence Systems segment is looking for an experienced Business Development professional to drive the future of our core technology business growth. This position will have a direct interface with external customer and internal stakeholder leadership.
Primary job tasks and responsibilities include:
The successful candidate will work effectively with senior business development leadership as well as program, technical and functional entities for the purpose of developing business strategy, identifying new business opportunities and interfacing with customers to close on contract orders.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Business Strategy – as part of the business development team and in partnership with the business unit leadership, the successful candidate will:
2. Business Acumen – creates and fosters a business acumen culture which embraces a strategic, proactive approach in supporting business area leaders with identifying, actively pursuing and closing new business.
3. Change Agent – acts as a change agent for the business, ensuring innovations and developments are led to successful implementation.
4. Communication Skills – partners with Program and Business Development Leadership on a consistent approach and assists in the creation and presentation of briefing materials for the Business area to Leadership.
5. Business Rhythm – supports the day-to-day business rhythm and reporting; planning and support to tradeshow events; resource planning and management and overall operational support by executing campaign strategies relative to business capture planning. Responsible for the performance of other tasks related to this position as they are assigned by cognizant management.
Preferred Additional Skills: