The Business Development Manager will broaden and deepen our release system position on maritime patrol platforms and adjacent markets that can utilize our pneumatic systems expertise. This job requires the staff member to have strategic market development acumen demonstrated by prior new product introduction(s) or platform design-in experience. The position also requires the staff member to have effective communications skills, be self-motivated and organized.
- Develop new business opportunities for pneumatic based systems by proactive engagement, networking and creating long term relationships with key industry prime contractors, government personnel and end users
- Manage all new maritime patrol and adjacent market pneumatic systems business development pursuits through effective communications with cross functional staff, business area leads, consultants, representatives and corporate engaged parties
- Interface with all applicable levels of the DOD, DOD primes, international defense and commercial customers to identify and evaluate market trends and requirements to identify new business opportunities for pneumatics systems that are candidates for inclusion in the strategic plan for the RSAP organization
- Lead the conversion of new pneumatic systems opportunities into awards
- Manage and maintain the opportunity records in CRM
- Understand and maintain maritime patrol and adjacent market pneumatic systems competitor analysis and benchmarking
- Manage the Business Acquisition Process for new maritime patrol and adjacent market pneumatic systems opportunities
- Lead or support bid and proposal responses
- Provide timely and effective functional reporting to meet company, business unit and corporate expectations
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field of study.
- 10+ years of aerospace subsystems business development experience.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge and understanding of release systems market technology trends and challenges.
- Knowledge and understanding of pneumatic systems.
- Direct experience with US DOD procurement and contracting practices.
- Able to operate effectively in a matrix managed organization.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Job ID: ES20181206-25205