Halyard Health [NYSE: HYH] is a medical technology company focused on eliminating pain and speeding recovery for healthcare providers and their patients. Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, Halyard is committed to addressing some of today’s most important healthcare needs, such as reducing the use of narcotics while helping patients move from surgery to recovery. Halyard’s business segments develop, manufacture and market clinically superior solutions that improve medical outcomes and business performance in more than 100 countries. For more information, visit www.halyardhealth.com.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is expected to work with Regional Managers, Territory Managers, Clinical Specialists, Marketing, and Reimbursement to lead the development, implementation and monitoring of strategic sales initiatives and direct tactical plans to achieve business objectives for the use of COOLIEF* in the treatment of OA related pain. The position serves as the primary customer contact in the development of new accounts and sourcing new opportunities within established accounts for the development of future OA launch opportunities primarily with orthopedic and sports medicine specialties.
- Development of business plan and sales strategy that ensures the ability of Halyard’s IVP division to capture all opportunities around the use of COOLIEF* for OA joint pain.
- Tactical implementation of sales activities to achieve business objectives.
- Actively participating with regional business plans in the strategic and tactical planning process.
- Sales positioning, analysis, and in-service implementation of COOLIEF* OA product categories.
- Take initiative to generate creative and practical solutions in rapidly changing environments.
- Attend COOLIEF* procedures to provide technical expertise and guidance to physicians and staff.
- Support and promote physician training in region.
- Effective utilization of company resources necessary to meet objectives.
- Develop and execute quarterly regional sales plans for sales of Halyard Health products that meet quota expectations.
- Independently verifiable track record of success
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Medical Industry
- 3 years of experience calling on Orthopedic and/or Sports Medicine physicians
- Ability to travel extensively in-field
- Strong leadership qualities
- Experience working with PC based applications (Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
- 5 - 8 years’ experience in Medical Devices calling on orthopedic / sports medicine specialists
- Sales Management experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of musculoskeletal and nervous system anatomy and chronic pain therapies
- Access to hospitals and specific departments (orthopedic / sports medicine specialties) in geographic territory