Business Development Manager
Less than 5 years experience • Consumer Goods / Miscellaneous
DaySpring, a subsidiary of Hallmark Cards, is a leading marketer and distributor of Christian products and gifts. DaySpring products are sold in Christian retail stores, mass market and internet retailers, card and gift stores, and other outlets in the United States and 60 countries worldwide. Through Mary & Martha, DaySpring’s Direct to Sales company, we offer independent consultants an opportunity to build a business, build others and live out their faith. Based in Siloam Springs, Arkansas, DaySpring employs over 260, offers more than 6,000 products, and touches more than one billion people annually. Our vision: “We want to see every person experience and express the life-changing message of God’s love.”
The Retail Sales Team is the face of DaySpring, connecting people with the heart of God through products with great design and messages of encouragement everyday, everywhere. As we serve the Lord in the market place, we dedicate ourselves to build caring relationships with each account, in professional manner, through dependability and honesty in our words and actions.
The Business Development Manager will lead, develop and direct the sales efforts to achieve and exceed sales objectives ofassigned retail accounts. Responsibilities also include developing and executing strategic joint business plans; collaborating withinternal and external partners to ensure best in class service, thought leadership, and demand creation. This role is considered theexpert of their channel and thus will be held accountable for managing the relationship, profitability, and overall influence within DaySpring and the retail partner.
- Develop and execute a strategic joint business plan based on driving consumer consumption and achieving mutual goals for purchases, ST, and profitability. This duty is performed daily, about 35% of the time.
- Develop and direct analytical research that creates better understanding for decisions that help grow the DaySpring business with each strategic retail partner. This includes analysis of sell through, shopper behaviors, category trends, and scorecards for measuring decisions. This duty is performed daily, about 15% of the time.
- Work collaboratively across key internal functions to influence and/or lead strategies and tactics that lead to long termfinancial success with key retail partners. This duty is performed daily, about 25% of the time.
- Work with Retail Strategy team to ideate on new and innovative actions for converting consumers within the retail channel. This duty is performed weekly, about 15% of the time.
- Manages resources on multiple fronts: Ad Allowance, fixture and merchandising expenditures for assigned chains, ROT (returns, obsolescence and terms) and travel budget for assigned responsibility. This duty is performed weekly, about 10% ofthe time.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To be considered an applicant for this position you must show how you meet the basic qualifications of the job in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT. Individual file size attachment limit is 10 MB.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 years of outside sales experience
- 2 years of management experience
- Valid driver's license. In addition to other pre-employment contingency checks, a driver check will also be completed. Individuals with three or more driving-related violations in a 3-year period, and those with a record of any driving-related violation or offense involving drugs or alcohol with the last five years will not be eligible for this position.
- Solid experience in opportunity qualification, pre-visit planning, call control, account development, and time and territory management.
- Success in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers.
- Understanding of and appreciation for the DaySpring mission.
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Exceptional listening, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire onlyindividuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing theurinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
In addition to other pre-employment contingency checks, a driver check will also be completed. Individuals with three or more driving-related violations in a 3-year period, and those with a record of any driving-related violation or offense involving drugs or alcohol withthe last five years will not be eligible for this position.
In addition to competitive salaries (and bonuses to eligible employees), our comprehensive benefits package reflects the values and culture of our company while supporting the needs of our team members.
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental and vision plan
- Flex Spending for health care
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- Employee Savings Plan - 401(k) with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Paid time off program (PTO) combining vacation, illness and other absence into a generous bank of time and 8 paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption assistance program
- Opportunities to further develop your skills and education
- Company-sponsored volunteer opportunities plus paid time off for volunteer work
- Company-paid holidays (8 annually)
- Tuition assistance
DaySpring is an equal opportunity employer. Disability/Veteran. Principals only please.