The Business Development Manager I is the representative of the Company responsible for contacting, meeting and establishing new business relationships in various markets for the purpose of securing profitable relationships.
Jobsite responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reporting on planned and executed sales activities to appropriate levels of management
- Generating a specified volume of business within an established time frame
- Keeping management apprised of current and anticipated market conditions
- Maintaining a strong network, and maintaining ongoing client relationships after project start-up
- Regional and occasional outside region travel is required
- A minimum of 5 years experience in increasing levels of responsibility with proven success in marketing or business development.
- Strong sales background, particularly in construction/design build, or selling to the private education market is helpful.
- Candidate must possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to produce highly professional proposals and presentations.
- Maintain memberships and participate in organizations and events.
- The successful candidate should be a BS or MS [Business, Marketing, or related field preferred] graduate.
Gilbane offers an excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits and a generous profit-sharing/401k plan. We invest in our employees’ education and have built Gilbane University into a top training organization in the construction industry. Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Requisition ID 2019-2591