Position at Taylor Communications, Inc.
Taylor Healthcare is looking for highly motivated and high-energy Business Development Manager to grow our Healthcare business. This is a virtual position and will be supporting a west region of the United States. The BDM will be responsible for new business development across all Taylor solution sets.
- Generate new business and drive major expansion business with current clients.
- Will work closely within our established GPO relationships in pursuing new business for Taylor Healthcare.
- Deliver compelling and memorable value-based messaging to key decision makers and influencers (Hospital Executives/CXO’s, Supply Chain/Procurement, CIO’s, Physician Leaders and hospital committees).
- Provide aggressive and professional sales lead follow-up and follow-through.
- Achieve/Exceed performance objectives (quota attainment, reporting, and communication).
- Ensure that sales metrics are exceeded and well documented in CRM.
- Holistically own and lead the sales process from beginning of sales process to negotiating and closing contracts.
- Coordinate RFP responses, prepares pricing and proposals and other aspects of the sales process on a regular basis.
- Participate in team projects that support goals and objectives.
- Train and educate sales team members within territory.
- Work as a team member with other departments to secure customer expectations are met. Facilitate meetings as needed with these departments as part of the sales process.
- Provide accurate forecasts to closure using sales process milestones.
- Create a comprehensive Sales Strategy through four key areas: Lead Generation, Qualification, Recommend and Close.
- Continually gather and analyze market data and industry trends.
- Consistently develop comprehensive competitor knowledge.
- Create and refine value messaging for products based on circumstances within each territory.
- Define specific methods for delivering value messaging within each market.
- Work with prospects on a strategic level, understanding both short term and long term goals. Build value messaging based upon each prospect’s unique needs.
- Proficient at demonstrating software solutions focused on value rather than feature/function.
- Consistently and accurately maintain a solid timeline of customer activities within an on-line CRM tool.
- Work with sales support and marketing teams to assure you have the materials prospects need.
- Use phone-based cold calling technique to secure meetings. Employ multiple methods to gain leads.
- Research contacts and visit prospective customers to determine their business needs. Follow the sales process and maintains face to face contact with prospects to ensure successful closure of funnel opportunities.
- Successfully motivate and direct a team of additional resources to work effectively with you to win business. Such resources include product specialists, sales support, marketing, professional services, R&D.
- Help design and participate in key client events such as tradeshows and product demonstrations.
- Stay current on best practices and industry standards.
- Minimum of 3 years in Healthcare sales required.
- Must have a Consultative Sales approach capable of navigating a complex sales process 6-12 months in.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 50% of the work week on average.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. Excellent story telling ability. Excellent listener.
- Extensive experience delivering compelling and memorable presentations to executives, supervisors and end users.
- Professional appearance and presentation.
- Persistence, Determination and Patient through entire sales process
- Experience selling to new prospects and matching the prospects needs to the value we can provide.
- Experience with handling objections and demonstrated tenacity to show value and close large software sales in healthcare.
- 3 + years of successful sales to Hospitals or IDN’s within an assigned geographic territory.
- 3+ years’ experience within the healthcare communications industry.
- Demonstrated successful sales experience utilizing a sales process, such as Miller Heiman, Challenger Sales, Consultative selling, etc.
- Documented experience meeting or overachieving quota targets.
- Experience effectively utilizing an on-line CRM system.
- Proficient with more than one software product line or major module.
- Savvy in MS software applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other various software applications used as required.
- Healthcare Experience and industry knowledge required.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; MBA a plus.
- com experience is a plus.