This is Us:
- We have a bold vision to connect 25 million vehicles by 2025
- Our customers come first. We lead through innovation. We win as one. We act with integrity.
- We adhere to our brand promise – to make the complex simple, the future predictable, and our customers successful.
With nearly 4 million connected vehicles today, Spireon is an exciting player in the growing Connected Car and Internet of Things (IoT) technology categories. We help people and businesses track and protect their most important assets with vehicle intelligence solutions that gather Big Data and provide the critical insights with easy-to-use dashboards and apps.
This is You:
As a Business Development Manager, you’ll work in Spireon’s highest growth division, New Car Franchise Dealer. You will be responsible for utilizing effective sales strategies, in-depth knowledge of the Kahu product, leveraging the sales, service, and marketing teams to acquire new business in an assigned territory. You will possess a road warrior, hunter mentality that is relentless in growing Kahu’s footprint in your territory.
With Kahu, automotive dealers connect, sell, and retain customers through an all-in-one lot management, consumer vehicle management and service retention tool. Our solution hits the sweet spot of today’s car dealer needs by reducing risk, driving sales process efficiency, CSI, F&I profit and service & sales retention. The Business Development Manager role is an extremely challenging and rewarding position as you will be the driving force behind Spireon’s growth and our dealer’s success.
- Engage with C-Level executives within targeted dealer and dealer groups to drive engagement and sales.
- Ensure a best in class customer experience from the point of sale, through onboarding, and work with account managers to ensure ongoing customer success.
- Build strong relationships and drive adoption of Kahu across all stakeholder departments
- Effectively manage the overall health and performance of your assigned and sold accounts; including Quarterly Business Reviews and corporate relationships.
- Hit and exceed monthly sales goals by using existing contacts, cold calling and harvesting accounts from existing clients
- Utilize Salesforce.com to document and drive the sales process with prospects and customers
- Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts
- Effectively manage your time and activity to meet the needs of existing customers will growing your overall book of business
- 5 years’ plus experience with B2B vendors, selling large-scale software solutions to Automotive Franchise Dealerships required
- Proven experience in a Business Development-Hunter role driving sales in a territory
- Previous experience as a GM or GSM in a franchise dealership is highly desirable
- Experience with B2B and B2C sales training and solution adoption
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Established network of contacts in franchise dealerships in respective territory required
- Experience working with top dealership leaders: Owner, Principal, GM
- Understanding of car deal structure from front to back
- Ability to establish and maintain strong, long-term customer relationships
- Develop product knowledge quickly and articulate how product impacts each department in the dealership
- Successful track record of sales results, quota attainment, and raising the level of performance for those around you
- Proficient in technology/tools to drive the sales process: Salesforce, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Zoom.com, LinkedIn, etc.
- Experience working in a startup environment highly preferred
- Up to 75% travel, including overnight stays
- Ability to work extended hours and be “on-call” after regular business hours as needed
- Self-motivated, team player who is resilient, comfortable with change, and detail oriented
- Skilled communicator – both verbal and written
- A clean driving record (Class B license in good standing, no DUI or felony driving offenses in past 5 years) is required for this position