Are you looking for your next professional challenge? Is your goal to join a dynamic global industry leader that can boast nearly 130 years of ATIC excellence, growth and continuing innovation? Do you have the drive to succeed and are looking to join the right team? If yes, then we would love to hear from you! This is a hands-on, customer-facing, hunter role that will be integral to developing and generating new business in the food sector, as well as the on-going development of services in the designated territory and overall quality assurance food industry (third party, non-accreditation and training needs). The BDM will be the key contributor in the development of business opportunities and achieving sales targets and growth objectives within their regions.
This will be a remote position working from your home office. This position will support business development efforts all over the East Coast, so willingness to travel is a must.
- · Drive revenue by prospecting and building a pipeline, while building strong personal relationships with potential clients.
- · Develop and execute a strategic plan for the territory and create reliable forecasts.
- · Achieve annual revenue goals by leading and executing full sales cycles, including prospecting, pipeline development/management and contract execution for new accounts.
- · Develop client quotes, service agreements, proposals, and responses to RFS, RFP’s or tenders within set deadlines, ensuring professional submission of all information as requested by clients and with proper collaboration on technical and operations functions to ensure that project scope, schedules, and budgets are accurately planned, monitored, communicated, and met.
- · Achieve sales objectives, maintain sales plans, and update monthly sales reports.
- · Ensure all account information is current and updated on company CRM system, as well as follow all 5x5 metric requirements.
- · Establish key partnerships with industry experts to accelerate the sales growth and brand visibility within the dedicated assigned region.
- · Initially and on an annual basis recertify via competency criteria.
- · 100% compliance with CRM and related tools.
- · Maximum 24-hour response time to inquiries, both internal and external.
- · Meet quarterly performance goals as defined in objective plan.
- · Submit monthly reports within 72 hours of month end close.
- · Timely and accurate submission of commissions and expenses.
- · Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, or directly related field.
- · 5+ years of successful experience in a professional sales capacity, including a proven track record of new business development, territory and/or individual account growth.
- · Awareness of and ability to discuss (non-technical) GFSI approved food safety standards such as FSSC22000, SQF and BRC.
- · Must be self-motivated with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- · Must be able to manage effectively in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with shifting priorities.
- · Excellent interpersonal skills and the proven ability to deliver high level presentations to prospects and clients.
- · Ability to collaborate effectively with sales and operations leadership.
- · A high degree of personal integrity and the ability to collaborate with others in a team-based environment.
- · Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, and the ability to listen effectively.
- · Ability to promote an effective working relationship at all levels and create a positive work environment.
- · Ability to conduct business across multiple time zones with 50% travel involved.
- · Microsoft knowledge required (Excel, Word, PowerPoint usage is a must).
- · Working knowledge and use of all internal processes/software, CRM, and other web-based tools.
- · Ability to manage self and territory independently, while achieving territory revenue/business goals.
- · Sector specific knowledge - must meet annual competency criteria and successfully complete requalification exams.