We are looking for a Business Development manager who will focus on our growing Fleets vertical. In this position, you will be responsible for establishing and growing relationships with data services across multiple verticals and especially with large fleet owners and fleet services providers that need vehicle data for their business. The ideal candidate will be a creative self-starter and possess the ability to identify and lead new opportunities from the early stages through maturity and deal closure
- Develop strong relationships with executive level decision-makers at key customers and leverage those relationships to achieve business objectives and close new business
- Identify and define new opportunities within multiple verticals and develop and deploy pioneering use cases jointly with customers
- Prepare proposals to new and existing customers
- Provide accurate regular forecast information to management relative to each opportunity
- Create and maintain strategic account management plans for high profile opportunities
- Extensive selling experience within the fleet telematics ecosystem including engagement with large companies that rely on fleets such as rental companies, large commercial fleet owners, vehicle rental companies, telematics services providers, fleet leasing, fleet management, etc.
- Deep knowledge and experience with automotive telematics data including the broader competitive landscape and emerging trends
- Knowledge of additional domains such as insurance, mapping, safety, mobility services, data analytics, ad-tech, media, automotive tier-1's, smart cities, etc.
- Minimum 7 years complex sales and/or business development experience, preferably offering data products
- Top-notch technical presentation and communication skills; comfortable talking to C-level and director-level executives
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently to define the landscape in a rapidly changing business space
- Solid sales skills including persuasion, strategic forecasting, complex negotiation and closing skills, relationship management, the ability to overcome objections, and dexterity in thinking and reacting on your feet
- Expect moderate travel, including domestic and international
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience required.