Business Development Manager, Field Sales
Less than 5 years experience • Leisure and Travel
Holland America Line's mission guides our business to deliver once-in-a-lifetime experiences for our guests, care for our employees, remain stewards of the environment and operate in partnership with the people and organizations in the communities in which we do business. Our office is located in the beautiful city of Seattle, on the Elliott Bay waterfront just a short distance from downtown. Our Corporate Team supports a fleet of 14 modern classic ships offers more than 500 sailings a year visiting all seven continents.
This position is for a Business Development Manager who is responsible for meeting and exceeding sales goals by developing and executing account strategy. Directly accountable for revenue production from assigned accounts in a geographic area on all major product groups for Holland America Line and Seabourn. Promotes company products to accounts through on-site sales calls, telephone and written communication.
• Developing and executing an account strategy within a Geographic territory.
• Incorporate brand strategy on every sales touch.
• Meet and exceed all major sales goals
• Maintain strong and effective long- term relationships that are consistent and continue to grow with corporate objectives
• Ability to turn agency issues into a business opportunity with a win win service recovery
• Lead/ Participate in trade shows, seminars, Fams, and industry events as needed
• Negotiate group sales contracts to ensure required APD
• Manage a professional budget using critical thinking and ROI
• Plan and oversee marketing initiatives with partners
• Ensure execution of training and sales plans
• Maintain accurate and detailed agency database using Sales Cloud
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
3+ years of relationship-sales experience including a track record of revenue growth
• Strong knowledge of Holland America Line & Seabourn Product
• Strong organizational and communication skills including public speaking
• Strong negotiator
• Exemplifies brand profile
• Must be willing to travel frequently and work nights and weekends
• Must possess planning, budgeting and forecasting skills
• Self-starter, team player and able to work independently
Work is conducted in the field working independently and requires strong time management