This Business Development role is a strategic initiative that leverages Black Box’s broad portfolio of Technology Products/Solutions to deliver a competitive advantage focusing on the Federal Government vertical within the Products Business Unit. This position will have accountability to grow all products (Connect and Pro) and be tasked with the responsibility to position Black Box as the “trusted expert” as a leading technology solutions manufacturer helping Customers build, manage, optimize, and secure their IT infrastructure. This position will be responsible for:
- New and current customer development (increase sales & market share)
- Sales and marketing planning
- Contract review and negotiations
- Demand forecasting
- The primary objective is to continuously identify, target and position Black Box to achieve annual year over year growth measured by revenue, market share, and profitability.
- Responsible for creating new business and increasing existing market share within the Federal Government Sector in desired target ecosystems (control rooms, video walls, high performance KVM, etc.)
- Commitment to continuous sales process improvement (spends significant amount of time with customers; travels to see customers; and participates in events involving customers). Develop short and long-term strategies to grow Black Box brand equity and wallet-share.
- Successfully position Black Box’s products and solutions utilizing Value Based and Consultative Sales techniques.
- Leverage Black Box’s domain knowledge and ability to solve problems in a complex signal environment (connection, conversion, switching) to differentiate Black Box from the competition. Identify Customer needs and recommend applicable TPS products and services for valued added solutions.
- Build brand awareness and application intimacy to grow overall wallet-share by getting Black Box products “engineered” and “specified”.
- Ensure all TPS products meet required specifications and included in all Government approved bidder lists and RFQ’s.
- Develop and cultivate strategic relationships with key stakeholders acting as Black Box’s primary contact. Identify major influencers and decision makers to help drive sustainable long-term partnerships.
- Develop significant pull through business by working with key Channel Partners (Distributors, Resellers and Integrators). Work directly and indirectly with End-Users and Channel Partners to coordinate efforts and ensure Black Box interests are protected and maximized.
- Provide Customer inputs regarding market conditions, competitor strategies and industry trends that drive real-time feedback and contributes to the product development process by articulating Voice of Customer and User.
- Utilizes Salesforce.com (CRM) to effectively self-manage activities to insure success with respect to revenue and growth. Responsible for building and managing an active pipeline of new business opportunities and prioritizing resources that include developing early stage prospects and active pursuits. Collaborate and coordinate efforts amongst Sales Team and Channel Partners to ensure Black Box is in a position with highest chances of success.
- Responsible for coordinating with S&OP to validate forecasted demand, product mix, and delivery requirements are communicated and support continuous information flow within Black Box.
- Prepare and deliver monthly business reviews. Monitor and review performance against plan/forecast and lead in-depth reviews to explore variances and advise Black Box management on significant changes, developments and actions required.
- Negotiate pricing and contractual terms as required, in line with company guidelines.
- Professionally represent Black Box at all applicable tradeshows, meetings, trainings, industry associations, public events, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree and MBA preferred
- 7 – 10 years of related business development and sales with a proven track record in acquiring new business
- Federal Government (DoD and/or Civilian) experiencerequired
- Experience with control rooms, video walls, high performance KVM, etc.
- Possesses a high degree of self-motivation. Driven by metrics and produces results that meet or exceed Black Box’s growth requirements.
- Creates profitable growth by identifying opportunities to develop and market new products, services or solutions.
- Knows and understands all aspects of the Federal Government market including required regulatory issues, market drivers, channels, key stakeholders, etc.
- Combines strong hunting and networking instincts with the ability to develop and manage long-term business relationships.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Can establish and build collaborative relationships and has ability to influence cross-functionally.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to execute tactically. Uses instinct as well as data to accurately assess business situations and industry trends; makes timely, appropriate recommendations and implements appropriate plans.
- Personal leadership style that includes self-awareness. Accepts feedback, understands and maximizes strengths while working to develop weaknesses. Ability to develop learning/understanding of new products and technologies.
- Leads with a strong set of values. Maintain high ethical standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.