Eaton is looking for a Federal Government Business Development Manager. The primary responsibility of this role is to leverage and engage Eaton's enterprise wide resources to coordinate and grow sales of Eaton power distribution and control solutions at executive levels within the various departments and agencies of the US Federal Government. Essential Functions: Engage Federal Government Department of Defense customers and partners to drive key solutions of Eaton’s Electrical Service Sales Division. Develop and drive detailed customer focused strategic plans for targeted organizations. Create, develop and drive opportunities for obtaining government contracts. Position Criteria:
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Significant experience in electricalengineering, installations management and/or energy & sustainability preferred.
- Possess an understanding of Federal Government budgeting and procurement.
- Extensive network of relationships within federal departments and agencies.
- Thorough knowledge of Electrical Power Distribution systems and applications
- Must demonstrate skills in communicating technical information to non-technical personnel, educating and presenting information to internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 15years’ experience in the Military/Federal Government
Experience in obtaining federal government contracts
- Authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Security clearances or ability to obtain
- Relocation not included.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineeringpreferred.
- Master’s degreepreferred.
- Energy management experience
- Power Systems Design experience
- Experience with MS Office Suite of products preferred, especially Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Requisition ID: 047489