$150K — $200K *
Faegre Drinker has an opportunity for a Business Development & Marketing Manager to work with our Client Development & Marketing team in our Minneapolis office. You will be part of a dynamic team dedicated to developing marketing and business growth strategies for the assigned practice groups. This position will work with other talented individuals who share a passion for doing great work in the best interest of our clients.
What you would do in this job:
• Develop and implement a marketing, business development and communications strategy for the assigned groups and professionals.
• Work proactively with practice groups and individual lawyers to design and execute business development plans and initiatives.
• Conduct client and market analysis and develop and maintain target client lists.
• Develop strong consultative relationships with professionals across assigned groups and serve as a connection point for supported professionals.
• Become knowledgeable across practices, services provided, trends, market segments, clients served and relevant publications.
• Collaborate with attorneys and consultants to prepare for client conversations.
• Develop a strategy for content creation and earned and owned media opportunities.
• Identify client events, industry conferences, sponsorships and related activities that are consistent with practice and industry strategies.
• Collaborate with our writers to ensure that supported groups have collateral materials readily available to support their business development activities.
• Help respond to RFPs and other opportunities to present the firm to potential clients.
• Serve as a leader across the firm in emphasizing the importance of strategic marketing and business development.
• Work to understand the resources across the BDM team and pull in appropriate team members to assist in executing projects.
• Strong commitment to client service.
• Ability to act as a leader and role model in business development and marketing activities.
• Cooperation and the ability to collaborate in a team, including across offices.
• Ability to problem solve and use sound judgment.
• Demonstrated ability to make effective, thoughtful and timely decisions.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in a virtual environment.
• Strong organization and management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects with competing deadlines.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Positive and professional demeanor.
• Paid time for firm-sponsored volunteer events.
• Opportunity to temporarily work remotely during COVID-19.
• Wellness programming with personalized content and activities.
• Professional environment and the opportunity to work with experts at the top of their fields.
• Variety of health plan options, as well as dental and vision plans.
• Generous paid time off.
• Dress-for-your-day dress code.
• Ergonomic sit-stand desks for a comfortable and healthy work environment.
• On-site wellness and fitness programs, including free membership at the STEELE Fitness gym in the building.
• Access to a rooftop garden for some sunshine during work hours.
• A centralized “Town Hall” area with a wide selection of vending and seating for lunch breaks and casual group meetings.
• 8+ years of marketing and business development experience.
• Professional services, law firm or related industry experience preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business, journalism, communications or marketing.
Valid through: 11/24/2020