Business Development Manager Energy Business - National Sales Team (NST) Engagement
Position: Business Development Manager Energy Business – National Sales Team (NST) Engagement
This position requires a confident and motivated individual with a challenger mindset capable of organizing market data in an effective and usable format to position Schneider Electric for improved success and hit rates in a specific geograph.
They will possess a solid understanding of the Energy Business and will be the catalyst for engaging the National Sales Team (NST) to drive early project engagement while providing market insight into projects where we have a high chance of winning.
They will identify and target projects early in the construction cycle where technical and commercial differentiation increases our right to win. This early detection includes utilization of existing offers, recently launched offers, and future offers already in process.
The individual must possess excellent interpersonal skills and know how to win in a team environment. Daily engagement will be with the NST Regional Vice Presidents, Area Sales Managers, Territory Managers, and Sales personnel along with instrumental Energy BU personnel.
The individual will be the primary conduit linking the Energy Business Unit with the National Sales Team.
- · Engagement with the NST to identify attractive projects
- · Analysis and clear interpretation of data sets to articulate the opportunity in a geography
- · Co- Develop sales plans with national sales team members to drive Energy sales and prescription preference in the geography
- · Identification/Execution of individual training needs for existing and future offers
- · Working with individuals across Partner, Industry, and Energy business units to drive success
- · Clear measurements to determine success and/or adjustments needed
- · Sell and leverage the NST to execute Energy initiatives critical to our success
- · Present to executive level management
- · Primary contact for National Sales Team and lead representative for NST on System of Management calls, Pulse Calls, etc
- Able to influence others and leverage resources
- Strategic thinker able to translate data and strategy into actionable items
- Excellent presentation skills
- Travel 25%-30%
- Minimum 7-10 years Business Development, Marketing, and/or Sales Experience.