Enel Thermal Generation group, within Enel Green Power North America (EGPNA), is a standalone storage developer and asset owner and operator. Enel is developing an industry leading pipeline of utility scale transmission/distribution-connected stand-alone energy storage projects across North America, and is looking for additional team members to focus on identification of new project opportunities, lead origination, and early stage project development phase, including participation to competitive processes.
- Identify and evaluate new business opportunities including but not limited to greenfield, co-development, and acquisition of energy storage projects: navigate large amount of information to come to a quick and effective decision on whether to pursue projects without unnecessarily expending internal resources.30%
- Originate projects through land scouting, negotiating agreements with landowners, and preparing proposals to be submitted to utility off-takers in response to Requests for Proposals. 30%
- Responsible to lead multidisciplinary project specialists to support a project’s development including regulatory consultation, permitting, basic legal review, basic engineering review, and financial model assumptions, including the coordination of several functional areas internal and external to EGPNA. For opportunities to acquire operating assets, participate in/coordinate the due diligence process. 20%
- Support the obtainment of internal approvals to allow projects to progress, including processing PRs/POs/SES documents, initiating WBS documentation, preparing project for Investment Committee approval, and handover to E&C. Report on project development status to management via written reports and participation in weekly calls. 10%
- Support AFC and legal in various financial transactions with third parties (taxequity, construction financing, etc.) in order to ensure transaction terms are as favorable to EGPNA as possible for projects; assist with the negotiations of commercial agreements in order to maximize value creation to EGPNA. 10%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Finance, Business Administration, or equivalent experience.
- From 3 to 5 years of experience in Project origination and development experience.
- Familiarity with development processes and procedures (land, environmental, interconnection and transmission studies, securities etc.) mandated timing, parties and agencies involved in successful project development.
- Ability to analyze development or M&A opportunities; project fatal flaws etc.
- Experience with land scouting, lease negotiations.
- Regular driver’s license required
- 50% domestic travel with limited international travel
- Knowledge of storage market, trends, technology, financial models, contracts, and O&M
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Effective communication (verbal, written, and presentation) skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work within multi-disciplinary project teams and establish relationships and work with marquee clients
- Time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and fast changing priorities
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Creative independent thinker; demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a diverse team
- Extensive knowledge and experience with negotiation of key project contracts: Land agreements, PPA, Interconnection & O&M
- Ability to evaluate, coordinate and bring to resolution legal, political and regulatory issues related to the project
- Deep understanding of origination and the experience with the RFP processes
- Experienced in coordinating studies and project development activities with cross functional resources, peers, and outside consultants to ensure project is progressing in accordance with schedule
- Ability to make cold calls and develop relationships with external parties including landowners, city/county planning departments, and utilities
- Effective communication and public speaking skills
- Knowledge and experience with electricity markets and of storage market, trends, technology
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint)