Under general supervision, the Business Development Manager, effectively sells the company's products and services to targeted accounts; applies a broad and in-depth knowledge of the company's services, products and marketing techniques to close sales. The incumbent ensures the company's business relationships with targeted accounts are effectively cultivated; makes presentations and recommendations to potential Clients’ management representatives; negotiates pricing and legal agreements; and prepares detailed correspondence. The BDM, Employer Solutions is expected to identify and qualify targets, leverage existing professional network to facilitate preliminary conversations, and manage prospects through the sales pipeline. Additionally, given that the employment solution is new to Inmar and new to market, the BDM, Employment Solutions should be comfortable effectively selling a product still in development, as well as positioning it appropriately for different customer segments (Health Plans, Health Systems, Employers)
Major Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Develop senior level strategic relationships
- Leverage Inmar’s market position to drive strategic solutions in a complex sales environment
- Sell software/consultative solutions to health systems, health plans, self-ensured employers, and brokers.
- Create/develop innovative networking skills to drive pipeline development at the decision making level
- Create and deliver value based solution pricing
- Manage presentations and strategy associated with sales with some assistance from their Sales Leader
- Work with leader to manage internal communications, garner support and get appropriate buy-in
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Obtain “expert” level understanding of all employer solutions products with the ability to conduct demonstrations of technology in all sales stages, including late stages of sales meetings.
- Partner with sales and business leaders, including product teams, to bring sustainable revenue-generating products to market with a strong client base and revenue line
- Demonstrated negotiation and closing skills
- Develop and maintain expertise on industry trends, technology, best practices, and regulations of relevance to the Healthcare Network
- Contribute to Inmar’s reputation as “industry experts” and appropriately represent Inmar in the industry
- Partner with marketing, operations and product teams to form appropriate client facing market message
- Monitor and manage pipeline of potential opportunities
- Work closely with product, operations, IT and sales operations in order to efficiently and appropriately complete RFPs
III. Education / Experience / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is required, with a concentration in business, healthcare, and/or pharmacy.
- Direct experience with HR Benefits, health insurance, and health plans strongly preferred.
- Experience selling new to market, innovative service ideas strongly preferred.
- Generally requires 5 to 10 years of demonstrated successful experience in solution sales or successful demonstration of the other requirement indicated below
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, communications and presentation skills required
- Candidate must be a well organized and capable of managing a variety of issues and assignments concurrently
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Extensive travel required – up to 80%
- Desired Traits:
- Strong credibility in the pharmacy industry
- Demonstrated success in healthcare related sales
- High energy
- “Never give up” attitude
- Sense of urgency and understanding of timing in the deal development process
- High sensitivity to ethics
- Solid presentation skills at a senior level
- Confident and articulate
- Team player
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the major job responsibilities (essential functions) of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the major job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is:
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands or arms.
- Frequently required to talk or hear and read instructions on a computer monitor and/or printed on paper.
- Occasionally required to stand, kneel or stoop, and lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Occasionally required to view items at an extremely close range and must be able to adjust and readjust focus.
Occasionally: Job requires this activity up to 33% of the time
Frequently: Job requires this activity between 33% - 66% of the time
Regularly: Job requires this activity more than 66% of the time