$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Elmhurst, IL 60126
Industry: Food & Beverages•
Less than 5 years
Posted 44 days ago
If you are looking for an exciting challenge to be a part of a fast moving and growing company, this new role is for you! The Business Development Manager must have a deep understanding of both retailer and manufacturer strategies to develop and execute growth plans based on strategic intent set by VP and Brand Annual Plan. This position will provide direction to the Sales Managers to optimize annual/quarterly Customer business plans. They will be the key point of contact for regional client leadership and will be expected to deliver consistent experiences and outcomes. The Business Development Manager will drive the Business Planning process working closely with cross-functional business partners within the Business Insights, Planning Organization and Channel Teams to improve key metrics based on analysis of promotion, spending, and volume (forecasts and actuals). As well as manage base volume forecasts, item distribution, promotional strategy and innovation.
This position reports directly to the VP of Retail Sales and play a critical leadership role for our team overall. This role will be based out of Elmhurst, IL.
• Coordinates to develop and execute business plans
• Build and manage strategic plans for respective retailers/wholesalers; Account specific activation and budget control across customer base;
• Align on strategy and plan with Region Broker Managers, Identify Opportunities and threats
• Develop with team planning analytics to support Cat/Line reviews, NI presentations, etc.
• Effective trade fund management and visibility partnering with Finance team
• Align w/Insights lead and be guided by insights specific to Category/Brand, Consumer/Shopper, Channel/Retail dimensions
• Work with syndicated/other data sources to both manage and inform strategic and tactical trade plans
• Ad-hoc financial and data analysis, including pre/post event analysis
• Develop Customer level distribution and merchandising targets with supporting insights and merchandising activation plans for each key initiative
• Attend Customer Sales Calls with the Customer Team where appropriate
• Develop and deliver content as part of Business Review process
• Ensure Customer Plans are Built and maintained in Trade Planning System and Forecasting accuracy developed and managed
• Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year university
• Work experience in sales or marketing for a minimum of 3 years with experience calling on a major chain customer; Excel, Power Point, working knowledge of Nielsen and syndicated data sources; Strong communication and people skills; Must possess collaboration and influencing skills; Ability to be a clear communicator, strategic thinker, and problem solver; Must have ability to effectively prioritize demands and follow through on commitments.
The compensation package for this position is commensurate with experience and includes an attractive base salary with annual bonus incentive and a competitive benefits package.
Valid Through: 2019-10-1