The Business Development Manager (BDM) will focus on winning new clients through sales pipeline development, deal pursuit and deal closure for the Digital Services across Industry Group in North America (NA). The BDM role is customer facing and accountable from origin to closure for IT and consulting service deals. The BDM builds credibility to gain market share for Mindtree and is the go-to point of contact for the end-to-end sales cycle with clients for must-win and other assigned accounts. Additionally, the BDM collaborates with relevant Mindtree service lines, presales and delivery teams to structure value proposition proposals and negotiate client contracts. The ideal candidate will have successful sales experience and proven ability to build long-term, rewarding relationships across all levels of an organization, including CXO levels.
Promote and sell Mindtree portfolio for digital transformation and IT services. Originate, qualify and acquire new clients for Digital Offering NA. Communicate and demonstrate the value Mindtree brings in solving business and IT problems for clients. Understand client requirements and expectations. Partner with presales teams to develop an in-depth understanding of Mindtree products and related solutions, and build knowledge of the Digital Services to craft client solutions to drive a successful sales engagement.
Identify prospective clients and create a go-to-market plan for the must-win and assigned clients. Generate business from campaigns and plans to penetrate competition accounts and new accounts, and build a platform to scale current accounts into multimillion-dollar engagements.
Achieve net new revenue, profitability, collection targets and quarterly and annual targets across the mix of Mindtree service lines. The goal is to close one-to-three deals each year to achieve sales target. Achieve high customer satisfaction, references and case studies to support future sales.
Liaise closely with the Mindtree delivery teams to provide presales and post-sales support and assistance to clients to build a foundation for growth.
- Proven track record in opening new client accounts and winning new business from existing accounts
- Proven track record of successful deals in the $1M to $20M range
- Demonstrated history of regularly achieving multimillion-dollar sales quotas
- Understanding of the sales life cycle including demonstrated ability to build/close a funnel/pipeline over an extended period
- Experience selling a broad IT service portfolio encompassing consulting, application development and maintenance, testing and infrastructure management services to new accounts
- Good knowledge of vertical market and key drivers
- Excellent communication skills, confidence and demonstrated ability to build relationships at all levels including at the CXO level
- Consultative sales style, including creative thinking with a pragmatic approach
- Experience working collaboratively with marketing teams and internal key stakeholders
- Analytical and keeps up to date with market and technology trends
- Experience with onsite/offshore model and working in a multicultural environment
- Results oriented and highly organized
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business Administration or Computer Science. MBA optional.
- Base plus commissions (as per policy)
- Benefits provided including medical, 401k, etc.
- Travel expenses, phone expenses and all other sales-related expenses