Business Development Manager (Canada):
Are you a Business Development Manager motivated by the ability to build a market? Are you currently a high-performer, driven to create business ventures in a new territory (through new product introduction and solution selling) - where others have not been before? If so, then read more about this excellent opportunity in Canada!
The ideal applicant resides in Toronto or the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and is willing to travel up to 70% for business and attend trade shows..
In this role, you have the opportunity to…
Blend your ‘Key Account Management and Market Business Development’ talents together to be fully responsible for the sales of Philips Digital Pathology products; as well as, to develop opportunities with potential interested prospects. In this unique role, you will sell the DPS Solution to a target segment of the Canadian market in addition to, working to identify, investigate and develop business planning for further market introduction.
You are responsible for (but not limited to)…
- Initializing and coordinating all Philips efforts to the accounts in order to maximize the opportunity for the Digital Pathology sales group.
- Develop, maintain and improve relations with a limited number of accounts to keep or to set Philips as preferred supplier.
- Creating an account plan for each account for 2-years in which budgeted targets translated into specific strategy and actions per account as part of the operational plan of the sales group.
- Craft and implement action programs for and with the accounts to improve performance of Philips DPS.
- Fully support the implementation of a business plan with market research/product/market specifications.
- Achieving budgeted sales volumes, prices and profit margin at a specified number of customers.
- Coordinate requiredinternal resources to obtain objectives and when needed, involves local salesforce and marketing support (i.e. - Category Management, Trade marketing, MarCom, Application Specialists).
- Ensuring continuity of the relationship with the accounts and operates at the highest level in the accounts’ organizations; facilitates the executive level interfaces between the company and the accounts if needed.
- Generate new business ideas through independent scouting of internal and external sources; adding to the pipeline of unqualified business opportunities, which are out of scope for the existing Business Lines.
- Determine the attractiveness of identified business ideas; prepare compelling business case proposals, to show potential and further internal discussions; develop persuasive business cases, in order to get qualification by management and the necessary budget for further development into a business plan.
- Develop the final business plan, including the implementation: (Project scope, content, deliverables, and milestones, budget), such that management is able to decide on the project and the financialrisks.
- Prepares the annual account plan in line with the national account plan strategy and implements the sales strategy.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of local marketing strategies.
To succeed in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years - OR - Master’s degree with 3+ years of related experience in capital/medical equipment or IT sales.
- 5+ years of proven practice and business development experiencerequired.
- Requires extensive knowledge and experience in Digital Pathology.
- Health IT -or- IT background, ideal.
- Prior work experience as a Lab Technician, bonus.
- Sales experience in at least one of the following areas: Genomics, Oncology or Molecular Imaging, bonus.
- Bilingual in French and English, highly desired.
In return, we offer you…
We offer you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, which offers you excellent opportunities to further develop and fully exploit your talents. This job comes with a competitive salary, excellent benefits and up-to-date training.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.