Position Summary and Responsibilities
As part of the Teledyne – e2v Professional Imaging strategy for business growth within North America, we are seeking a highly effective sales leader capable of winning new business in our Dental & Medical Imaging market areas, while also demonstrating excellence in customer account management, particularly within our Intraoral Dental X-ray customer base.
To identify, develop, and capture new business opportunities (NBOs) within the Dental and Medical Imaging markets within North America (NA), necessary to achieve the objectives for bookings and revenue growth of the Teledyne – e2v Professional Imaging (TEPI) Division. Also performs existing customer account management, particularly within our Intraoral Dental X-ray customer base, to achieve excellence in customer satisfaction and account revenue growth in support of the goals of the TEPI Division. As a member of the TEPI – NA business development / sales team, the position reports to the VP, Sales & Business Development of TEPI – NA.
Main activities & accountabilities include:
- Identify, develop, and capture NBO orders through a “value selling” approach that aligns our commercial proposal and quote with how our customer creates value in their market. Must be capable of determining and delivering a “solution selling” proposal which covers imaging sensors, sensor modules (integrated electronics), and cameras, that range from standard products, derivatives of standard products, and fully custom imaging solutions. Works closely with the TEPI-NA technical support staff in engaging with the customer in in-depth technical discussions to advance opportunities and capture NBO orders.
- Meet or exceed annual bookings, revenue, NBOs, and otherassociated business goals for the TEPI-NA Dental and Medical Imaging market, upon which the individual’s Sales Incentive Plan (SIP) is based.
- Co-leads the preparation of internal Bid Reviews, required prior to the delivery of customer proposals and quotes, clearly specifying the “win strategy” (value proposition, competitive advantage, “win” pricing”) necessary to capture the order. Works closely with the appropriate Product Marketing Manager within TEPI Division to prepare and present the Bid Review.
- Leads all customer negotiations necessary to capture the opportunity. Interfaces with the Product Marketing Manager and the Contracts Management (U.S. or Divisional), as necessary, to capture financially and contractually-sound customer purchase orders and contracts.
- Provides customer account management for all major accounts within TEPI-NA Dental and Medical Imaging market, particularly in the Intraoral Dental X-ray segment, to achieve the TEPI Division goals for customer satisfaction. Works closely with Inside Sales (Customer Service) within TEPI-NA to manage other customer accounts, as well as the management of order maintenance and the capture of orders for standard product and repeat business.
- Manages the opportunities pipeline via the CRM, consistent with the TEPI Division guidelines for bookings and revenue forecasting. Provides weekly and monthly forecasts and reports, particularly regarding bookings, revenue, and NBOs, as required by the TEPI-NA VP – Sales & Business Development and the TEPI Division.
- Able to present the values and capabilities of the TEPI Division to executive-level management of our customers and prospective customers, so as to influence their selection of TEPI as their “innovation partner” of choice.
- BS in Science (Biology or Physics, preferred), Engineering (Electricalpreferred) or Technical Business Management, required as a minimum.
- Minimum 10 years Sales or Business Development experience in the sale of X-ray or optical imaging sensors (CMOS preferred) and cameras within the NA Dental & Medical Imaging market – e.g., market segments include Intraoral Dental X-ray, Radiological X-ray Imaging, Endoscopy, Digital Pathology, Blood Vessel / Surgical Imaging.
- Technical understanding of the operation of CMOS optical and X-ray sensors and cameras, so as to effectively value-sell solutions within this product base.
- Technical and market knowledge of applications within the Dental & Medical Imaging market – e.g., Intraoral Dental X-ray, Radiological X-ray Imaging, Endoscopy, Digital Pathology, Blood Vessel / Surgical Imaging – so as to effectively value-sell solutions within this market base. Knowledge of Dental & Medical Imaging customers within NA is highly desired.
- Proven track record of delivering sales growth by identifying and winning NBOs, working at all levels within the customers organization (to C-Suite) required. Experience in “value-selling” and “solution selling” methods are a plus.
- Experience in preparing and presenting internal bids (particularly, identification of the “win strategy”), preparing and delivering customer proposals (to all levels within a customer’s organization), and leading negotiations (including contract Ts&Cs) to order closure is required.
- Experience in customer account management with proven record of achieving excellent results in customer satisfaction and in expanding business within an existing account. Demonstrated ability at building strong relations across various levels of a customer’s organization (to C-level).
- Ability to manage an opportunities pipeline via a CRM – experience with recognized CRMs (e.g., SAP, SalesForce, etc.) is a plus. Ability to generate accurate bookings and revenue forecasts, as well as effective sales status reports.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to interact well with customers in capturing VoM and VoC information, as well as the ability to interact effectively within the global TEPI organization.
- Highly developed presentation skills to internal & external customers/stakeholders.
- A self-starter, with a strong bias-for-action
- Ability to travel in excess of 50% of time within NA, and occasionally internationally (e.g., to product centers in Europe)