Responsible for expanding existing customer base and the development of long-term business relationships of new OEM Direct, End User, and Distributor Accounts. Ability to meet and exceed sales targets. Requires creativity and the capacity to sell products and services offered by WITTENSTEIN motion control, Inc. Requires the ability to negotiate large-scale projects and contracts within corporate guidelines. Requires the ability to network within organizations and provide accurate forecasting of key accounts. Ideal candidate will be located in Detroit, MI; Huntsville, AL; or Tampa/Orlando, FL.
SALES DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet and exceed established sales targets working to achieve maximum sales in assigned territory through direct and affiliate channels.
- Increase market share by calling on OEM, distributor, and end user accounts to promote and sell WITTENSTEIN products to the defense industry. Communicate special programs, present marketing /advertising programs and new products. Collect competitive information and industry requirements. Advise on market conditions, channel, and end user accounts.
- Sell all of the products offered by WITTENSTEIN, concentrating on value added selling.
- Support territory users - coordinate support activities.
- Sell at approved transaction price for the type of customer.
- Target A, B and C accounts by present and potential dollars of revenue / profits, cost to sell and service and probability of success.
- Negotiate delivery, availability, and warranty within management guidelines; conduct follow up on orders.
- Prepare and conduct customer education, training, and product information meetings.
- Develop marketing materials including brochures, flyers, and mailing lists.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships within the WITTENSTEIN shared business model.
ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compiles customer general company information, contacts, project/ application information, and meeting notes. Maintains WITTENSTEIN’s customer relationship management (CRM) database.
- Provide accurate forecasting of key accounts for 1 and 5 year planning.
- Prepare proposals, written presentations, reports and price quotations.
- Assist in the maintenance of accounts receivables in compliance with objectives.
- Create customer sales programs.
- Complete timely expense reports
- Continually enhance product knowledge and selling skills by participating in company sponsored and external professional and technical training programs.
- Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues, products and markets for motion control products.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, product training seminars and trade shows.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with a specialization in Mechanical or Electrical or bachelor's degree in Mathematics or Physics combined with relative automation experience.
- 5+ years experience in industrial automation / servo automation demonstrated by a solid technical foundation and understanding of servo automation.
- 5+ years experience in the defense industry
- US citizenship required.
- Demonstrated success in developing a territory / achieving sales goals; experience working with manufacturer’s representatives, distributors, and direct OEMs for 5 years plus.
- Has a strong technical background in the US Defense industry with emphasis on motion control and electromechanical actuation.
- Solid understanding of servo system sizing (mechanical and electrical components)
- Ability to guide a customer to the best solution
- Ability to develop custom solutions when standard product may not fit
- Ability to travel 75%
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with customer relationship software, especially Microsoft CRM.
- Strong planning and organizational abilities.
- Can work both independently and as part of a team by sharing information and supporting company procedures and processes.
- Competitive base salary
- Excellent health benefits
- Matching 401(k) contribution
- Profit sharing
- Company Incentive Plan
- Company Car Allowance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Tuition Reimbursement & wellness reimbursement
Committed to being a world-class partner of intelligent mechatronic drive technology, servo systems and mechanical components, WITTENSTEIN uses the power of science, innovation and forward thinking engineering to provide you cutting-edge technology for motion. Since pioneering the alpha servo planetary gear reducer in 1983, support and motion requirements from the market have continued to change and WITTENSTEIN is well positioned to deliver reliable products and services to its customers and partners.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or other status protected by applicable law. WITTENSTEIN is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.