NT Concepts is looking to hire a self-starting and highly motivated Senior Business Development Manager to help lead strategic business development activities needed to win work in new markets with experience in DoD enterprise-level IT Service Management (ITSM) particularly within the Defense Systems Information Agency (DISA). This individual will develop new customers and business areas in IT, application development, and mission support services. The successful candidate will expand market penetration under new accounts. The markets include Cyber, Cloud Migration, Enterprise IT, Advanced Technology, Data Center Services, Systems Engineering, and Agile Software Development Framework.
- Conducting market assessments and manage business development activities to support growth within DISA and other DoD agencies and services.
- Identifying and qualifying new business development opportunities and assisting in the capture management and proposal development processes. These efforts will include assisting the Business Development team with the identification, qualification, and determination for bid on upcoming business development opportunities both inside and outside of the managers assigned business areas.
- Maintaining the "pipeline" for new business and recapture efforts of existing contracts, ensuring accuracy of the data for all opportunities assigned under this position.
- Maintaining the "pipeline" for accuracy of the data for opportunities under multiple business lines, as needed.
- Focusing on new business pursuits that are stated objectives of the strategic plan for the business being supported.
- Participating in the development of annual and long-range strategic business plans.
- Supporting the Senior Business Development and corporate leadership in staying aware of and preparing new business development opportunities, including: Upcoming business development targets; Market outreach events; Contract Industry Day events; Other important outreach events.
- Driving requirements for marketing and tradeshow strategies and attending tradeshows and networking events. Managing trade show efforts and keeping trade show booth and materials current.
- Meeting and maintaining close relationship with new and current customers.
- Contacting prospective customers using networking, referrals from current customers, POC listings from advance RFP postings, and professional organization meeting, conferences, and workshops.
- Managing the opportunity pipeline process with probability of win calculations, revenue projections, and direct input to the company budget and forecasting process.
- Performing initial analysis of proposed or actual request of capabilities, and RFP's to determine technical, schedule, and content reasonableness, and profitability.
- Determining teaming requirements for Prime efforts; identifying and qualifying industry partners and identifying teaming opportunities for subcontracting opportunities.
- Provide proposal development support, as needed, to meet growth objectives.
- Serving as a Subject Matter Expert for the company business development proposal efforts.
- Working collaboratively with other assembled members of the company to design, develop, and publish proposal documents.
- Proven track record of success in Business Development in the DISA contracting environment
- Minimum of 10 years of related BD experience
- Current Top Secret/ SCI clearance
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in technical writing
- Prior/Current Experience in multiples domains Data Center Migration, Enterprise Infrastructure, Cloud Migration, Systems Engineering, and/or Agile Software Development Framework
- Experience supporting the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)
- Four (4) year degree from an accredited university. Master's Degree (MBA or Master's in Information Systems Management) preferred
- Highly desired: 10-15 years of progressive experience in Business Development within DISA and other DoD Agencies
- Current experience with DISA programs in the areas of managing scope, quality, schedule, and cost for projects at a senior level
- Proven ability to develop business at executive and mid-levels
- Proven management track record – project level or higher – that illustrates success in BD, Government Program/Project management, and general management responsibilities
- Knowledge of decision makers, strategic direction, and major programs in the subject market space
- Ability to up sell and expand services from existing contracts
- Successful track record developing business in new markets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of developing and delivering effective sales presentations
- Excellent proposal development skills
- Demonstrated success targeting and winning services contracts
- Proven ability to develop and execute sales strategies leveraging partnerships with vendors and other industry partners
- Strong interpersonal and relational skills
- Detail-oriented with ability to multi-task
- Collaborative leader with ability to pull together cross functional support for BD initiatives