As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for developing and closing new business opportunities that are sold at a price to deliver the customers' requirements without compromising our quality service within target market sectors.
- To negotiate and successfully close sales opportunities to meet and exceed agreed sales targets within the target markets agreed by the Business Development Director and Divisional Managing Director.
- To develop and build long-term professional customer relationships with existing, new and potential clients. Maintain excellent relationships and after sales support to build mutual confidence in line with the agreed business strategy.
- To identify and build a long-term active pipeline, exploring both existing markets and targeting new market opportunities
- Use innovative means to develop new sources of profitable business
- Take complete ownership of, develop and deliver exceptional sales and tender documents and presentations, in line with Company standards. Generate tenders and relevant document preparation, using the specialist support functions (procurement, HR, QHS etc) as well as local managers and the Business Development Managers.
- Raise the company and business profile by representing CBRE at industry events, high level networking and promoting an image of professionalism at all times.
- Keep up to date with industry developments, maintaining awareness of competitor activity and market trends.
- Ensure that the BU Leader is fully aware of all activities. Liaise regularly with the Sales Director to ensure they are fully updated on all sales activities and potential new business opportunities. Ensure that specialist functions e.g. HR, QHS and Commercial are advised of any new potential business to ensure compliance.
- Ensure that appropriate signoffs are adhered to when considering new business opportunities.
- Maintain records and relevant contract documentation in the support of tenders and re-bids for the Business.
- Deal promptly and professionally with all pre-qualifications.
- Support re-bids and variations for existing clients.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven sales/business development experience from a relevant background
- Experience of putting together exceptional quality sales documents
- Experience of successfully delivering high level presentations
- Experience of dealing with a range of people including site staff, suppliers and customers
- Driven by targets and comfortable in a high-pressure sales environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be detail conscious and methodical in approach.
- Must demonstrate a strong sense of customer focus and promote a sense of team spirit within the office.
- Must be able to influence others and engender confidence in senior managers through both face-to-face, telephone and written communication.
- Self-motivated. Able to prioritize demands and make decisions under pressure. Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, providing support to other areas of the business on occasions, as required.
- Be self-sufficient: able to work on your own as well as in a team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from 4-year college or university required. MBApreferred. Minimum of 5 years of related experience and/or training with a background in finance, consulting, or analytics preferred. Experience must include a minimum of 2 years commercial real estate developing outsourcing solutions, pricing and org development models.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Real Estate license preferred.
CoreNet membership and participation in local events.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to prepare analytics and reports in a pre-designed style and format. Ability to effectively and efficiently respond to inquiries from clients, co-workers, supervisor, and/or management. Ability to effectively present information.
Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Reviews complex financial/business analysis and reports prepared by subordinates. Ability to analyze the most complex business/financial data and develop innovative solutions. Develops and implements financial policies and procedures. Approves and oversees departmental budget.
Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
Technically savvy with solid experience in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) and Outlook.
Advanced Excel skills preferred. Experience working with large data sets and decipher multiple types of RFP models preferred.