The Business Development Manager is a Water treatment sales position focused on growing business and driving ChemTreat's market position within a geography or an industry by leading the creation, improvement, and implementation of innovative sales strategies to drive ChemTreat's position and increase share within the assigned market segment.
The successful candidate will acquire new customers through the identification, prioritization, strategic analysis, and sales plan development/execution by using existing knowledge and background in technical water treatment, including experience with water treatment systems (boilers, cooling towers, ROs, clarifiers, raw water and waste water) and working closely with Technical Staff and Account Managers to develop growth strategies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Familiarity with chemical water treatment systems and applications
- Provide analysis of markets, trends, competition, portfolios, technologies, and revenues.
- Increase sales and profits by meeting assigned targets for profitable sales volume and margin dollars
- Prospect and cold call generation of new customers
- Create and present effective proposals to prospective customers
- Communicate the ChemTreat value proposition to prospects
- Help transition new business to the account management team when applicable
- Entertain potential customers
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Self-motivated with a strategic mindset
- Required ability to identify issues and develop practical solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) or equivalent skills
- Industry knowledge specific to water treatment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors of Science; Engineering or technical degree preferred
- 10+ years of successful water treatment related experience
- Travel dependent on size of assigned territory
- May require long hours & varied work schedules
- Constantly required to sit and occasionally required to walk, stand, climb (includes stairs), balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell
- Constantly using hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards.
- Routinely required to reach with hands and arms, squat, turn/twist, or reach, lift, carry, push, or pull up to 60 pounds and sometimes required to maneuver drums weighing 250-800 pounds
- Occasionally required to climb stairs and ladders and work at high elevations for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally required to drive both short and long distances, not to exceed DOT regulations
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
- Required to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for deliveries which may include: eye, hearing and respiratory protection, protective apron, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats, or face shields.
- Occasionally in extreme heat conditions
- Required to use ear plugs for hearing protection
- Both Indoor and outdoor sites may have high noise levels
- Site location may be at a boiler house
- Outdoor site can be located at a cooling tower, water plant, wastewater plant, or a process area.
- Use of hazardous chemicals is routine.
- Collaborative working environment working; position touches all levels within the customer organization
- Trust and respect for customers and ChemTreat field and leadership teams