Wells Enterprises is hiring a Business Development Manager for our Customer Brands, located in either Chicago or our headquarters in Le Mars, IA. They are responsible for achieving sales targets and budget management in support of strategic growth plans for Customer Brands. Responsible for cross functional leadership, strategy, planning, analysis, insight generation, and implementation of all marketing functions, including product management across multiple channels. Understands customer base and lead partnership assistance as needed.
- Account Knowledge: Knows corporate org structure and key contacts; Knows buyer styles and needs; Knowledge of SWOT; Full understanding of complete Corporate financial review
- Account Strategy: With guidance, develop strategy
- Account Management: Proactively addressing customer issues; Working relationships with adjacent departments (i.e., transportation, warehouse); Leads annual joint business planning meetings with buyer and one-up
- Category Leadership: Applying CatMan principles; Converts data to insights; Uses insights to influence customer behavior;
- Demonstrates category knowledge and performance drivers; Awareness of key Consumer and Shopper Insights
- Resource Planning: Preparation of self and internal cross-functional team
- Pre-Call Planning: Complete pre-call planner; adept at anticipating customer response/needs; strategic alternatives; anticipates objections well; knows buyer's style; plan strategic alternatives
- Presentation Development (Story Arc): Presentation built with verifying and probing questions; fact-based data; Presentation built and reviewed one to two weeks before meetings; gains knowledge from one-up
- Practice: Role play with one-up and/or core team members participating in call
- Professional Experience/Wells Ambassador: Professional dress and demeanor; prioritize issues within time constraints; model Wells fundamentals
- Call Delivery (Conversation): 5 step fundamentals visible but natural, Questions naturally included in presentation delivery;
- elicits buyer reaction at key junctures
- Negotiations: Ability to actively probe for their interest; Understand self-defined BATNA; Navigate through alternatives
- Call Results: Elevate customer's perception of capability on most calls; deliver results with customer category goals in mind
Call Follow Up
- Call Debrief Actions: Captures key learnings on debrief template; shares key learnings with call team; shows ability to critically assess individual gaps and identify corrective actions
- Implementation of Internal Actions: Define follow-up, next steps and required resources; drives open issues to resolution within defined timeframe
- Implementation of Customer Actions: Succinctly confirms next steps; provides call summary to customer; follows-up regularly with status of outstanding action items; probes for additional customer needs
- Sales/KPI Management: Develop appropriate plans and take necessary steps to achieve targeted KPIs. Involved in development of annual plans; develops understanding of P&L components and effectively manages controllable P&L drivers
- Customer Investment Optimization: Independently utilizes internal promotional tools; Ability to analyze pre/post promotional results; involves customer in promotional planning, and influences full customer investment
- Supply Chain Optimization: Independently utilizes forecasting tools; has full comprehension of Wells' forecasting processes; provides forecasting inputs to internal teams, often reaching beyond just demand planning
- Train, Coach, and Model STWW; Develop team competencies: Model STWW skills; Provide training and coaching to drive performance improvements. Collaborate and influence others/sales leadership on use of STWW skills.
- Lead Vision, Strategy, and Expectations: Understand and clearly communicate Company and team vision, strategies, and expectations; Hold team members accountable and ensure team focus aligns with company and team strategies
- Talent Management: Attract, select, and retain talent with minimal guidance; Identify talent gaps and develop plans to address; address performance gaps
Customer Portfolio Management
- New Product Development: Utilize NPD tools internally to lead a cross functional team through a disciplined, collaborative approach. Set priorities as needed to drive success and minimize waste.
- Project Management: Complete project management template(s); Effectively lead cross functional team to ensure on time, on budget and on strategy projects for our internal or external customers needs
- Bachelor`s degree in Business or related field required
- Minimum of 4 years Account Selling experience with a CPG company, experience supporting key, complex accounts
- Contract Manufacturing experience required.