Requisition Id : 115591
Additional Work Location(s) :
This senior level individual will be the evangelist responsible for selling HARMAN product solutions to targeted Corporate end user customers. The primary mission is to drive demand for the HARMAN solution set by establishing, building and maintaining relationships with key decision makers in this market to meet/exceed revenue targets.
Supervisory Responsibilities: There are no direct reports in this role.
- Effective senior level Sales Leader who can drive significant revenue growth and meet revenue & profitability targets.
- Strategic business partner who can identify changing Corporate end-user markets and work both with the existing sales distributionchannel, as well as develop further emerging channels to best meet current and future revenue opportunities.
- Ensures an effective alignment of the sales organization and sales channel to meet market opportunities.
- Creates a network for identifying all current and future significant revenue opportunities and develops plans to effectively communicate HARMAN solutions to the individual or group responsible for making the recommendation for and/or final purchase decision.
- Excellent communicator and team player who can lead and motivate the Corporate Sales Team to identify revenue opportunities and effectively communicate HARMAN product solutions.
- Organizes and effectively manages the Corporate Sales Team to meet the growing complexity and sophistication of the Corporate end-user solution requirements so the HARMAN solutions portfolio is fully leveraged.
- Motivates the Sales Team to extremely high performance levels.
- Encourages and listens to input by end customers, dealers, distributors, and consultants to overcome obstacles and provide HARMAN solutions.
- Become competent to explain the technical aspects of HARMAN offers and corresponding value props to both novices and experts within the Hospitality end user community.
- Works with Marketing, Finance, Operations, Engineering, Finance, and other groups within HARMAN to ensure a positive experience for customers and share in customer comments.
- Polished sales professional who can lead by example in successful sales presentations and help guide the teams to effectively plan for the closing process of major deals. Able to comfortably represent HARMAN to very senior leadership within the channel or Hospitality community.
- Communicates and reports sales activities and consistently forecast projected revenue levels for the business. Manage other meaningful sales metrics to measure team effectiveness in pursuit of hitting revenue targets.
- Strategic thinker, dynamic leader, and results-oriented executive who is comfortable in a team-oriented, fast-paced, customer focused, rapidly growing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, engineering or related field preferred.
- 10 + years of proven outside sales leadership experience in the high-tech industry or in a company with high-dollar technology based software/services/product mix.
- 7 + years recent sales experience of networking products, routing products, and/or A/V or IT/telecom related products
- Experience with Corporate end-user customers including a strong rolodex of contacts to leverage to better position HARMAN into contract flow
- Proven track record of exceeding revenue goals/objectives growing business from zero to $M’s
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and develop strong personal and business relationships with each customer, support person, channel partner and internal partner.
- SAP experience is highly desirable.
- Candidate must be computer literate with skills in Powerpoint, Word, Excel, etc.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Professional appearance and demeanor is a mustInterest and understanding of consumer, audio, or electronics.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced/high-pressure environment, while maintaining good customer relations at all times.
- Ability to assimilate information quickly, efficiently, and accurately from varying sources.
- Ability to demonstrate assertiveness.
- Tenacious but professional approach.
- Flexible with a high degree of determination and perseverance.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- Willingness to work in assigned corporate, satellite, or remote office as required by posted position.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Any offer of employment for any position that requires use of a HARMAN or customer owned vehicle is contingent upon the applicant having a clean driving record, which will be evaluated and determined in Harman’s sole discretion; however, applicants may have no more than 4 active points for moving violations (issued by any motor vehicle agency), and applicants must have no references to operating a vehicle under the influence of controlled substances within the last 10 years.
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.