Summary of Position: The Contact Center BDM has a very specific business focus on Contact Center technology sales. The BDM will be responsible for contact center sales in the North Central Region-50 % travel is required. Working remote is fine, or report to a local office. The BDM will leverage industry knowledge and solution specific knowledge of Contact Center solutions to drive solutions/company services sales. The BDM may also be called upon to assist in sales planning and development strategies.
- Executes sales strategy by identifying customer needs and selling the appropriate company services.
- Increases sales and market share and develops business through multiple marketing and sales techniques including but not limited to cold calling, conducting in person meetings, and partnering with vendors or manufactures.
- Maintains a targeted understanding of customers' business showing the ability to establish customer needs, buying cycles, and creating strong relationships to effectively drive sales and repeat business.
- Ability to create a strategic plan with the customer's executive staff to add value to the customer business and develop a sales plan to meet the customer's and company strategic need.
- Meets or exceeds annual sales top line revenue and margin goals as defined by management.
- Manages individual sales objectives to include sales orders and billing activities to support accounting cycles.
- Manages on-going customer account maintenance to include, updating account information in company systems and resolving customer satisfaction issues.
- Works with inside sales team to ensure that quotes are provided and order requests are processed accurately.
- Works with engineering team to accurately scope projects.
- Maintains relationships with all levels of customer contacts, but has a focus to maintain executive level (Director and above) relationships.
Strategic Planning & Presentation
- Adhere to sales process including but not limited to pipeline development and accurate forecasting via internal tools.
- Attends weekly Sales Commit calls and achieves weekly commitments.
- Submits presales service requests and attends presales conference calls.
- Performs extensive proposal writing and prepares sales information for customers.
- Attends trade shows, marketing events, and performs continuous marketing efforts to new and existing customers.
- Participates in weekly sales calls with sales team and management to communicate weekly sales and profit objectives.
- Participates in on-going sales training to ensure satisfactory performance, improve sales skills, stay abreast on emerging technologies, and maintains manufacturer sales certifications.
- Promotes company culture and ethics and establishes name recognition.
- Works in a team environment and provides feedback and coaching to enhance all aspects of the sales strategy.
- Mentors and lead new hires and other Account Manager's in market.
- Participates in company efforts to improve the quality of sales organization.
- Works with sales leadership on specific vendor relationships and company initiatives.
- Business degree or background in Accounting, Business Administration, or Management Information Systems, Lease Asset Management or equivalent work and/or military experience
- Experience in customer facing situations, such as pre-sales, or customer service
- 5+ years of Contact Center Solutions sales with a proven track record in business analysis.
- Proficiency in the English language and reading comprehension.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- A drive for Achievement and Effort, Attention to Detail, Teamwork, Dependability, Initiative, Independence, Integrity, Persistence, Leadership, Stress Tolerance, and Social Orientation.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing techniques and principles.
- Knowledge of administration and management principles, specifically in planning and resource allocation.
- Strong customer service skills and service orientation focus.
- Effective active learning and listening skills.
- Critical thinking, judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Strong monitoring and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and persuasion skills.
- Ability to solve problems using deductive and inductive reasoning.
- Excellent oral and written communication and expression skills.
- Ability to sensitize and forecast problem areas.
- Ability to work closely and effectively with members across departments and at all levels of the organization.