As a Business Development Manager focused on Competitive Intelligence within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy for using market intelligence and insights to programmatically scale AWS’s cloud computing business. Your responsibilities will include supporting the AWS Sales, Marketing, BD and products teams on customer and partner engagements. You will serve as an expert resource on competitive intelligence of cloud, IT applications and infrastructures, working with our customers and field teams to understand the benefits of migrating to AWS. When necessary, you will bring in other AWS resources to help our customers properly evaluate their options.
You will synthesize data and information from intelligence gathering and customer engagements into succinct findings and persuasively communicate findings and perspectives to sales, product teams and senior management. You will track and prioritize competitive customer engagements that require your competitive and technical expertise to drive the sales cycle.
The ideal candidate will possess a business and technical background that enables them to drive engagements and communicate the benefits of AWS to IT architects, engineering teams and C-Level executives. You should have demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the complex business and technical needs of customers. You should also have detailed knowledge and a strong technical understanding of cloud concepts and vendors in general, and AWS specifically.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive AWS Sales engagements with our customers and partners.
· Work with AWS Sales teams to handle customer questions or concerns about AWS, as compared to our competitors
· Serve as a central resource for the Sales team to help our educate our customers on the benefits around the detailed decisions in selection of AWS as their cloud technology
· Work closely with the sales team to drive closure on our highest priority opportunities in the pipeline.
· Work with AWS Sales, BD and Marketing teams, drive proactive competitive intelligence conversations and sales messaging with our customers
· Understand the business and technical requirements of our customers and partners and determine how their needs can best be met by AWS.
· Create a repository of Competitive Intelligence cases studies and conversations to share learnings with all parts of AWS
· Serve as a key source of market insights into how our customers view the benefits of using AWS relative to the broader Cloud Computing market
· Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market
· 5-10 years of pre-sales solution engineering, solution architecture or business development experience
· Technical Certification on AWS (or other cloud technology platform)
· Technical understanding of Cloud Computing concepts in general and/or AWS specific technologies, platforms and solutions
· Demonstrated experience developing enterprise application architectures to meet business requirements in complex environments, 5+ years in customer-facing roles
· Multiple cloud technical platform certifications, ideally Microsoft.
· The right person will be analytical
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
Job ID: 617763