The Business Development Manager will report to the Chief Business Development Officer (CBO), Companion Diagnostics (CDx) and will manage activities to identify and facilitate opportunities to create and grow partnerships with pharmaceutical, biotechnology and related industry manufacturing companies in the use of Agilent's companion diagnostics products and services.
Additionally, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for establishing, aligning and facilitating pre-commercial agreements with pharma partners for projects in negotiation and development phases. During development phases, early commercialization and launch the Business Development Manager is also responsible for maintaining commercial alliances with key commercial Agilent and pharma partner stakeholders.
* Drive establishment of CDx partnerships to develop, register, manufacture and commercialize companion diagnostics in parallel with pharmaceutical and biotechnology targeted therapy and personalized/precision medicine programs
* Generate, secure and drive a continuous deal flow of attractive partnership opportunities that lead to high value agreements with an emphasis on agreements that cover pre-launch commercialization and launch activities that are executed by DGG commercial business channels such as the Pathology and Genomics Divisions
* Field and screen incoming partnership and licensing opportunities related to CDx
* Solicit and pitch CDx capabilities, competencies and offerings to strategically important potential new partners
* May lead or support negotiation role to establish partnership contracts, conduct due diligence and drive deal process toexecution of contracts and related CDx development and commercial agreements
* Support, maintain and grow current and newly entered partnerships in an alliance management role to foster highlysatisfied, customer focused CDx development and/or commercial partnerships
* Develop financial models to support the business case for new CDx partnerships and projects
* Collect and analyze market and financial data to establish and present compelling business cases for CDx partnerships
* Facilitate development of deal specific work plans by projectmanagement and create key financial terms and budgets for new CDx partnership projects in collaboration with finance
* Conduct market and product research to identify potential CDx partnerships with pharmaceutical and related industry organizations
* Conduct due diligence of strategic emerging technologies related to CDx products and services as targets for potential partnership, in-licensing or acquisition.
* Develop and maintain a roadmap of all potential companion diagnostic partnerships to maintain a healthy, growing and diversified CDx partnership pipeline
* Understand and effectively engage a wide range of internaland external functional areas including Legal, IP, Finance, R&D, Regulatory Affairs, Operations, Sales & Marketing, ProjectManagement and Alliance Management in order to develop and maintain effective companion diagnostic partnerships services and solutions.ScheduleFull-timeRequirementsEducation:
Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA) and/or a PhD/Master's degree in a Life Sciences discipline with equivalent experience working in a business development, licensing or corporate development for an IVD or Biopharma industry organization.
Required, at least 8 years of experience in the following:
* Skills and expertise within the precision medicine space: co-development of companion diagnostics and targeted therapies
* Track record of establishing partnering or licensing contracts within diagnostic, medical device or pharmaceutical industry, preferably within the field of companion diagnostics
Also required, at least 3-5 years of experience in the following
* Experience working in a corporate, global or regional marketing role involving diagnostic or medical device products/services, preferably companion diagnostics
Skills and Personal Characteristics:
* Analytical, able to extract and compile voluminous technical, market and financial data and construct business case recommendations
* Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills (written, verbal and oral) and required to effectively communicate with all levels of potential and current CDx biopharma partners
* Highly professional presentation skills
* Proactive, able to work with minimal direction
* Goal oriented with the drive for self-directed accomplishments
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required