Business Development Manager - Cockpit Displays and Controls
11 - 15 years experience • Telecommunications.
The Role We seek anexperienced business development expert for the role of Business Development Manager – Cockpit Displays and Controls. The role will achieve global strategic and growth objectives for new products and services through a focus on commercial market segments for Cockpit Displays and Controls product and services. Successful candidates will berequired to leverage industry knowledge, and create customer intimacy as a means to identify and capture new market segments while expandingshare in existing segments. Collaboration with APD leadership and a variety of functional groups engaged in strategy, product marketing, sales and product development will be essential to the creation of business cases, pursuit/capture plans and negotiationsrequired to acquire new market opportunities. General roles andresponsibilitiesfor the Business Development Manager will minimally include:
- Develop and cultivate rapport with customers and industry peers at various levels throughout their respective organizations. Grow current networks and continuously improve established relationships through identification of value added products and service offerings.
- Collaborate with APD strategists, product managers and program managers to perform customer and competitor surveys/VOC research as means to collect market and customer data instrumental to development of strategy, value-streams, product/technology roadmaps and value propositions.
- Identify new market trends and opportunities. Craft fully integrated capture strategies for new product and service offerings resulting in winning pursuit/negotiation tactics. Excel in proposal development, value pricing, synthesize market, customer and competitive data analysis to identify and develop value propositions and differentiators.
- Identify, evaluate and recommend channel strategy positions beneficial to the capture of new business through opportunities such as strategic alliances, joint ventures and/or potential acquisitions.
- Lead participation in industry committees, regulatory bodies and customer requirements development to favorably influence APD positioning and pursuit activities.
- Participate in the development of business strategic and sales plans. Accountable for achievement of new business growth objectives identified in approved plans.
- Experience working with/in government relations, regulatory groups and agencies.
Skills and Knowledge
- BS/BA level degree in Business, Engineering, or other appropriate degree. Preference for MBA level candidates.
- 10+ years in the aerospace industry with strong industry OEM and Airline contacts, preferably experience with commercial cockpit displays and controls products/services.
- 5+ years of proven experience in sales roles.
- Demonstrated ability to build customer and industry relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in a variety of global sales cultures.
- Proficiency in written and oral communication/presentation skills.
- Demonstrated capabilities in a variety of data collection and survey techniques.
- A demonstrated capability to think strategically and execute tactically. The successful candidate must be an integrative thinker with a strong foundation in data driven problem solving.
- A demonstrated depth and breadth in business acumen across the major functional disciplines including Program Management, Engineering, Operations, Finance, Contracts, Business Development, Marketing and Sales.
- Preference for candidates with aviationpilots license and flying experience.