Business Development Manager
Manufacturing / Electronics
Our client, SK Electric delivers components with assured reliability, consistency and efficiency for millions of electronic devices worldwide. Headquartered in Shanghai, China, SK Electric sells their components through direct sales channels all over the world and is seeking a US Business Development Manager to continue their growth and presence in the US.
With more than 20years of experience as a leading manufacturer, SK Electric has a unique understanding of electrical design, testing and production. This has enabled them to become a trusted producer for leading US and European companies, receiving ‘best supplier’ awards on multiple occasions to include GE Healthcare who named them ‘Supplier of The Year’ in 2014.
Their inverters, transformers and power distribution units are at the heart of life-giving medical equipment; keeping transportation technology moving; and provide dependable consistency for both state-of-the-art industrial machinery and consumer electronics.
They have an overall team of more than 600 staff and multiple production and R&D sites with up to 100 highly educated and skilled engineers at our clients’ service on their Product Development and our Quality Control teams. All products delivered meet international quality and safety standards and are individually tested on all relevant functions with full reports provided to our clients.
The Business Development Manager we seek will have overall responsibility for business development activities throughout the continental United States with laser focus on maximizing sales and the companies return on investment. The successful candidate will have experience in electronic component manufacturing, must be a patient, confident, highly motivated self-starter, able to work independently from a home office and without direct daily supervision. Only candidates with a demonstrated and successful track record need apply. This is an outstanding growth opportunity for the right individual.
- Formulate, in cooperation with management, and implement a business development strategy for the US including but not limited to the following: market and industry focus; saleschannels; target accounts list and capture plans; strategic marketingcampaigns/exhibitions and customized presentations and proposals.
- Deeply understand the electrical and mechanical requirements of the business and products of (potential) clients and recommend solutions for optimization in close communication with the engineering team at SK Electric.
- Develop price strategy and maximize margins through offerings.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on: pricing; (new) products: technologies and technical specifications; merchandising techniques; etc. Carry out market research and customer surveys.
- Identify potential new markets for various existing SK Electric products. Recommend required changes in products to better fit the US market.
- Coordinate distribution and logistics and communicate between SK Electric logistic team and the clients.
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems and developing solutions.
- Maintain professional, market and technical knowledge.
- Keep appropriate registers, budgeting, monitoring and reporting including at least accurate quarterly rolling forecast and track sales activity. Maintain a computerized customer and prospect database.
- BA degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Extensive experience in business development. Consistent history of sales results above quota, and in the top 10% of peers.
- Self-motivated, hunter mentality and result-oriented.
- Elevated level of knowledge of transformers and power distribution units, and deep understanding of the market and industries of potential application.
- Client-centric focused business developer with (the potential to maintain effective) C-level buyer relationships, including Sourcing and R&D management. Confident and strong presentation skills.
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's perspective. Convincing and excellent negotiator.
- Reliable, committed and ethical behavior. Forward-looking business leader.
- Able to maintain existing accounts while developing new client relations.
- Must be confident dealing with larger multinationals as well as medium and smaller sized businesses.
- A basic sense of financials and forecasts and competent writer of business proposals.
- Being able to interpret technical drawings.